Macro factors, particularly in the US and Europe, have created a somewhat challenging environment for retailers in 2014. Many succumbed to h...
Struggling UK mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare could finally be turning a corner after returning to profit in the first...
A number of retailers have responded to allegations of "forced labour" amongst female textile workers in mills in southern India, with H&M b...
Intense competition, pricing pressure and currency headwinds are still denting UK retailer's expectations of an economic recovery, taking pr...
Struggling UK mother, baby and children's goods retailer Mothercare has appointed Richard Smothers as its chief financial officer.
Mothercare still has to achieve a "significant" recovery in sales densities, an analyst has said, despite the UK mother, baby and children's goods retailer returning to profit in the first half.
Female textile workers in mills in southern India are enduring horrific working conditions which amount to “forced labour”, according to a report from two pressure groups.
Struggling mother and baby products retailer Mothercare has raised around GBP95m (US$153m) from its rights issue, which it hopes will help turn the fortunes of the company's UK operations around.
Destination Maternity is to expand into Israel through an international franchise agreement with H&O Fashion Ltd, one of the country's most dominant fashion-retail chains.
Indian apparel exporters are seeking a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government, including export subsidies to offset import duties imposed by the EU while talks continue towards an EU-India free trade agreement.
The troubled teen retail space saw more upheaval last week with the surprise departure of the chief executive of American Eagle Outfitters after less than two years in the role.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile