Sporting goods Nike is raising its prices at a time when other companies are turning to increased markdowns and heavy promotional activity t...
Sporting goods giant Nike says there are no shortage of growth opportunities for the group, and that it will continue to elevate the same le...
A leveraged buyout or takeover of Lululemon Athletica is unlikely, analysts believe, due to the yogawear retailer's size and its very high -...
Do the biggest companies also have the best supply chains - or should it be instead that the best supply chains help grow the most successfu...
Without knowing the precise history of the products it sells and then being able to verify the claims it makes, Tim Wilson, CEO of Historic Futures, believes the apparel industry will never be able to make a real difference to issues ranging from sustainability to illegal subcontracting. He is now taking the company's String platform back to the drawing board to tackle the issue of total traceability across the clothing supply chain.
Waterless dyeing took a step forward in December when Nike revealed plans to launch sportswear made from fabric dyed using a process that eliminates water and cuts down on chemicals. The technology is not new though. The Yeh Group first launched a range of DryDye fabrics three years ago using high-tech equipment from DyeCoo Textile Systems. Michelle Russell asks Brad Poorman, chief marketing sales officer for DyeDry, some burning questions about the new technology.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a look at global trends in fibre prices, production and consumption, product developments and innovations in textile and apparel, and the smart wearable technology market.
Sales of basketball footwear rose 21% in the US in the year to April, outstripping athletic footwear market growth of only 4%, according to new research.
US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line has booked first-quarter earnings that beat analyst expectations thanks to increased sales and margins.
Sporting goods giant Nike saw its share price climb after revealing an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales, boosted by growth in all key categories.
Sporting goods giant Nike has promoted Reenie Benziger to the role of vice president of global apparel.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety have both issued their first annual reports, providing an update on the work carried out on improving safety and working conditions in the country to date.
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has described efforts to ensure workers in its garment supplier factories are paid a fair living wage as an "ever-moving feast". But it is making progress, as executives explained during an update to the group's Plan A sustainability initiative last week.
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report