US retailers battled significant headwinds in February, with sales of early spring merchandise getting off to a slow start in the face of co...
Analysts are forecasting a mixed bag of back-to-school sales this year, with the stagnant economy expected to weigh on demand for apparel an...
US retailers weathered a number of storm fronts in August, with a solid start to the back-to-school shopping season helping to mask the impa...
Lured by warm weather and deep discounts as stores cleared their summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the malls in July giving an overall boo...
TAL Apparel, one of the world's leading garment suppliers, has turned the threat of inflation across the supply chain into an opportunity to do things differently. Here CEO Dr Harry Lee tells just-style how the Hong Kong based firm's long-time focus on efficiency, sustainable development, and added value is helping to combat rising costs and set it apart from the competition.
Dr John Cheh, the newly appointed chief executive officer of Hong Kong based cotton shirt manufacturer Esquel, talks to just-style about social responsibility and sustainable development, life after quotas with the EU, and the soft market in both the US and EU.
The latest listing of the best global brands show clothing performed well, with US department store retailer Macy's increasing its brand value by more than 25%, and H&M ranking as the top retailer in its region.
Upscale fashion retailer Nordstrom has booked a drop in fourth-quarter earnings and guided for full-year profit below analyst expectations.
Fashion apparel maker Hampshire Group has added the James Campbell luxury men's wear brand to its portfolio after acquiring the privately held business from Maverick J LLC.
Sales in department stores around the world are set to rise by 22% over the next five years, fuelled by growth in China, according to a new report.
Upscale fashion retailer Nordstrom is to invest more than US$79m in a new online and catalogue distribution centre in Pennsylvania.
What a difference two years makes. In the past couple of weeks major US retailers including Walmart, Target, Macy's and Nordstrom have all lowered their forecasts for the rest of the year citing sluggish sales, cautious consumers and general economic uncertainty. But for specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc it's a different story.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects