Pacific Brands Limited
Pacific Brands has moved to a net loss in its full-year and announced the divestment of its workwear business in a deal worth AUD180m.
Retailer Target Australia has disclosed the locations of its supplier factories in Bangladesh – a move welcomed by charity Oxfam.
Pacific Brands CEO and managing director John Pollaers has stepped down amid differences over the strategic direction of the clothing and footwear business.
Clothing and footwear business Pacific Brands has lowered its full-year earnings forecast by more than 10% thanks to “challenging” market conditions.
Australian clothing and footwear group Pacific Brands has booked its first rise in reported sales in five years, but swung to a net loss on write-downs linked to its struggling workwear division.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment