Pacific Brands Limited
Australia's competition regulator has given the green light to Wesfarmers' takeover of Pacific Brands workwear division.
Australian retailer Pacific Brands is to split and sell off its loss-making Brand Collective apparel and footwear business for AUD39m (US$34m).
Australian clothing and footwear retailer Pacific Brands has confirmed it is in discussions on a potential sale of its Brand Collective shoe business.
Pacific Brands has moved to a net loss in its full-year and announced the divestment of its workwear business in a deal worth AUD180m.
Retailer Target Australia has disclosed the locations of its supplier factories in Bangladesh – a move welcomed by charity Oxfam.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined