Ahead of an expected explosion in demand for wood pulp-based fibres such as rayon and viscose, environmental groups are calling on apparel a...
It's one thing for apparel brands and retailers to talk about sustainability and traceability across their supply chains, but another altoge...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at temperature control fabrics, a profile of outdoor clothing fir...
Having been criticised for being slow to cash in on the potential of international expansion, US discount retailer Target Corp is now making...
Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
Adidas, Marks and Spencer, Patagonia and Phillips-Van Heusen have been named among the companies taking the most comprehensive steps to stop cotton from Uzbekistan picked with forced labour from entering their supply chains.
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc has appointed Rose Marcario to the additional role of chief executive officer.
A new standard to help companies ensure that the down in their products comes from ethically treated geese is to be overseen by non-profit organisation Textile Exchange in a bid to widen its uptake.
German outdoor supplier Jack Wolfskin has said it will ban perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOA) from its production processes by summer 2014.
Tests carried out in Germany on jackets and gloves sold by outdoor clothing brands including The North Face, Jack Wolfskin, Patagonia and Adidas are said to have found the presence of chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and can pose long-term risks to human health.
2014 has got off to a troubled start in Cambodia, where protests over a new minimum wage for garment workers have been turning increasingly violent.
Confronting the "elephant in the room" is all in a day's work for Patagonia - and the outdoor clothing and footwear company's latest campaign is no exception.
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects