Driving meaningful change towards sustainability in textiles within organisations, within the industry, and with consumers topped the agenda...
The Uzbekistan government has continued to use "systematic, mass forced labour" in this year's cotton harvest, campaigners say, claiming mor...
Ahead of an expected explosion in demand for wood pulp-based fibres such as rayon and viscose, environmental groups are calling on apparel a...
It's one thing for apparel brands and retailers to talk about sustainability and traceability across their supply chains, but another altoge...
Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
International animal welfare organisation Four Paws has launched an online initiative designed to encourage outdoor apparel firms to become stricter on the sourcing of down feathers.
WL Gore & Associates, best-known for its waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex fabric, has launched a three-layer fabric.
Leading fashion players including Levi Strauss & Co and Marks & Spencer are the latest names to sign up to non-profit organisation Canopy’s Fashion Loved by Forest sustainability initiative.
Retail giant Tesco has signed a pledge not to use cotton from Uzbekistan, joining a wider campaign to try to stop the use of forced labour in the country's annual harvest.
Outdoor wear specialist Patagonia has launched a range of clothing made using “responsible manufacturing” techniques, including undyed cashmere and reclaimed cotton.
2014 has got off to a troubled start in Cambodia, where protests over a new minimum wage for garment workers have been turning increasingly violent.
Confronting the "elephant in the room" is all in a day's work for Patagonia - and the outdoor clothing and footwear company's latest campaign is no exception.
Profile of Patagonia: a pioneer in corporate social responsi
Patagonia is a leading USA-based supplier of rugged technical apparel and accessories for a variety of outdoor pursuits, including mountain climbing, skiing, surfing and fishing. The company offers a...
Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new...
Performance apparel markets: business update, 3rd quarter 20
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024