Leading outdoor brands exhibiting at the recent Outdoor Retailer show, held in Salt Lake City, are using technology, transparency, and authe...
Driving meaningful change towards sustainability in textiles within organisations, within the industry, and with consumers topped the agenda...
The Uzbekistan government has continued to use "systematic, mass forced labour" in this year's cotton harvest, campaigners say, claiming mor...
Ahead of an expected explosion in demand for wood pulp-based fibres such as rayon and viscose, environmental groups are calling on apparel a...
Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
International animal welfare organisation Four Paws has launched an online initiative designed to encourage outdoor apparel firms to become stricter on the sourcing of down feathers.
WL Gore & Associates, best-known for its waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex fabric, has launched a three-layer fabric.
Leading fashion players including Levi Strauss & Co and Marks & Spencer are the latest names to sign up to non-profit organisation Canopy’s Fashion Loved by Forest sustainability initiative.
Retail giant Tesco has signed a pledge not to use cotton from Uzbekistan, joining a wider campaign to try to stop the use of forced labour in the country's annual harvest.
Outdoor wear specialist Patagonia has launched a range of clothing made using “responsible manufacturing” techniques, including undyed cashmere and reclaimed cotton.
2014 has got off to a troubled start in Cambodia, where protests over a new minimum wage for garment workers have been turning increasingly violent.
Confronting the "elephant in the room" is all in a day's work for Patagonia - and the outdoor clothing and footwear company's latest campaign is no exception.
Profile of Patagonia: a pioneer in corporate social responsi
Patagonia is a leading USA-based supplier of rugged technical apparel and accessories for a variety of outdoor pursuits, including mountain climbing, skiing, surfing and fishing. The company offers a...
Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new...
Performance Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innova
This report provides information on the latest developments in: aerospace apparel; environmentally friendly fibres for performance apparel; fabrics for next-to-skin applications; fabrics for outdoor...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide