| 30 Mar 2010
As consumers tightened their belts during the recession, Fairtrade clothing saw its sales slump. But now that shoppers are again starting to seek out ethical options, is it time to revisit the debate on whether Fairtrade really is fair?
| 8 Apr 2008
UK sales of items made from Fairtrade cotton rose to 9.5m units in 2007 from just 0.5m in 2006. Ben Cooper looks at the factors behind this growth, and assesses the potential for further expansion of the Fairtrade cotton market in the UK and other countries.
| 18 Sep 2009
People Tree, the sustainable and Fair Trade fashion brand, has teamed up with actress Emma Watson to create a capsule lifestyle collection aimed at a younger audience.
| 15 Jun 2009
Fashion designer Jeff Banks, Burberry creative director Christopher Bailey and online shopping visionary Natalie Massenet are among the fashion names listed in this year’s Queen's Birthday Honours list.
| 23 Feb 2009
New plans by the British government to make clothing more sustainable and less environmentally damaging has been criticised by one of the leading pioneers of fair-trade fashion for being superficial and lacking focus.
| 28 Jan 2008
Former Topshop brand director Jane Shepherdson has today (28 January) struck a deal with Baugur to purchase fashion brand Whistles from its Mosaic Fashions subsidiary with immediate effect.
| 7 Dec 2007
Jane Shepherdson, the former brand director of Topshop, is in talks with Icelandic investor Baugur to head its Whistles women’s wear chain according to UK media reports today (7 December).
| 13 Nov 2007
The Sri Lankan apparel industry is shoring up the design skills of its garment suppliers as part of its bid to become one of the most innovative countries in the textile and apparel field over the next five years.
| 16 Jan 2007
High-street retail giant Marks & Spencer (M&S) has announced a business-wide ‘eco-plan’ which it says will influence every part of its operations during the coming five years - including the use of recycled plastic bottles to make its polyester clothing and increasing the number of Fairtrade cotton garments on sale.
| 15 Dec 2006
High street fashion chain Topshop is expanding its partnership with ecological clothing firm People Tree by launching a capsule collection that will be available in stores across the UK.
| 17 Aug 2006
Fair-trade fashion pioneer People Tree said it is the first label in the UK to carry both Soil Association and Fairtrade cotton certification on its clothing.
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Adidas unveils “game-changing” recycling project
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields