Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
Italian fabric manufacturer Pontetorto and Christian Weichert International Textile Agencies have denied claims they have had a patent infringement case filed against them by US performance fabric maker Polartec.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has launched a new synthetic insulation technology that can be used to create what it describes as the "first-ever breathable 'puffy' garments."
Performance fabrics manufacturer Polartec has appointed Doug Kelliher as vice president of product management.
Oregon-based sportswear giant Nike has promoted Michael Spillane to the position of vice president and general manager of Greater China.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has appointed former Timberland president Gary Smith as chief executive officer and Joe Robinson as chief financial officer.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report