Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
Italian fabric manufacturer Pontetorto and Christian Weichert International Textile Agencies have denied claims they have had a patent infringement case filed against them by US performance fabric maker Polartec.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has launched a new synthetic insulation technology that can be used to create what it describes as the "first-ever breathable 'puffy' garments."
Performance fabrics manufacturer Polartec has appointed Doug Kelliher as vice president of product management.
Oregon-based sportswear giant Nike has promoted Michael Spillane to the position of vice president and general manager of Greater China.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has appointed former Timberland president Gary Smith as chief executive officer and Joe Robinson as chief financial officer.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Vietnam “promise” for Italy textile machinery