Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
Italian fabric manufacturer Pontetorto and Christian Weichert International Textile Agencies have denied claims they have had a patent infringement case filed against them by US performance fabric maker Polartec.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has launched a new synthetic insulation technology that can be used to create what it describes as the "first-ever breathable 'puffy' garments."
Performance fabrics manufacturer Polartec has appointed Doug Kelliher as vice president of product management.
Oregon-based sportswear giant Nike has promoted Michael Spillane to the position of vice president and general manager of Greater China.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has appointed former Timberland president Gary Smith as chief executive officer and Joe Robinson as chief financial officer.
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Columbia Sportswear hires global manufacturing VP