Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
Italian fabric manufacturer Pontetorto and Christian Weichert International Textile Agencies have denied claims they have had a patent infringement case filed against them by US performance fabric maker Polartec.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has launched a new synthetic insulation technology that can be used to create what it describes as the "first-ever breathable 'puffy' garments."
Performance fabrics manufacturer Polartec has appointed Doug Kelliher as vice president of product management.
Oregon-based sportswear giant Nike has promoted Michael Spillane to the position of vice president and general manager of Greater China.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has appointed former Timberland president Gary Smith as chief executive officer and Joe Robinson as chief financial officer.
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry