Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling interviews the company's UK sales and marketing manager, Jonathan Petty, to find out to what peaks an already ambitious sustainable business model can climb to next.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has launched a new synthetic insulation technology that can be used to create what it describes as the "first-ever breathable 'puffy' garments."
Performance fabrics manufacturer Polartec has appointed Doug Kelliher as vice president of product management.
Oregon-based sportswear giant Nike has promoted Michael Spillane to the position of vice president and general manager of Greater China.
Performance fabric maker Polartec has appointed former Timberland president Gary Smith as chief executive officer and Joe Robinson as chief financial officer.
Polartec partner brand Norrøna has launched its first sports garment made exclusively from returned and recycled bottles.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects