| 17 Apr 2012
Luxury UK fashion brand Aquascutum today (17 April) called in the administrators after owners Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl failed to stem losses at the business.
| 19 Jul 2010
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is planning to open at least 2,000 shops in China over the next decade after selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
| 28 May 2010
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
| 24 May 2010
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
| 5 Mar 2010
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
| 5 Mar 2010
Luxury lingerie retailer Agent Provocateur has named former Aquascutum chief executive Kim Winser as its new chairman.
| 15 Oct 2009
Retail group Renown Inc posted a smaller net loss of JPY3.72bn (US$41.2m) in its fiscal first half, despite a double-digit revenue decline.
| 8 Sep 2009
Luxury fashion brand Aquascutum is back in British ownership after it was acquired by entrepreneur Harold Tillman and Jaeger group CEO Belinda Earl.
| 26 May 2009
Hong Kong based apparel firm YGM Trading Ltd yesterday (25 May) confirmed it has signed a letter of intent to buy British clothing brand Aquascutum, which it already makes and distributes in Greater China, Singapore and Malaysia.
| 17 Apr 2009
The fight for one of Japan’s top retailers heated up again today when Renown Inc shares saw a surprising rally ending up 13.13% on the day before.
| 23 Oct 2008
Japan’s Renown Inc has announced it will offload its entire stake in Aquascutum Ltd by February 2009 as part of a major restructuring effort.
| 7 Oct 2008
British luxury brand Aquascutum could be put up for sale by Renown Inc, its Japanese owner, as part of widespread restructuring plans.
| 11 Jul 2008
Japanese fashion firm Renown Inc is looking to sell 50% of French Connection's Japanese subsidiary back to the UK company.
| 18 Jun 2008
Japanese apparel company Renown Inc is selling its remaining trademarks in UK men's wear firm Kent & Curwen to Hong Kong clothing group Trinity.
| 12 Mar 2008
Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is to close up to a quarter of its 62 clothing brands in fiscal 2008 according to local press reports last week.
| 13 Jul 2007
A sharp decline in extraordinary losses helped Japanese apparel maker Renown Incorporated to a 59.8% rise in first quarter profit.
| 19 Apr 2007
Japanese apparel maker Renown Incorporated has slumped to a net loss for the year to 28 February, despite sales increasing by 47.2%.
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020