Luxury UK fashion brand Aquascutum today (17 April) called in the administrators after owners Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl failed to stem losses at the business.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is planning to open at least 2,000 shops in China over the next decade after selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention
- Made in USA certification ordered to verify claims