Luxury UK fashion brand Aquascutum today (17 April) called in the administrators after owners Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl failed to stem losses at the business.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is planning to open at least 2,000 shops in China over the next decade after selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile