Luxury UK fashion brand Aquascutum today (17 April) called in the administrators after owners Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl failed to stem losses at the business.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is planning to open at least 2,000 shops in China over the next decade after selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report