Luxury UK fashion brand Aquascutum today (17 April) called in the administrators after owners Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl failed to stem losses at the business.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is planning to open at least 2,000 shops in China over the next decade after selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019