Luxury UK fashion brand Aquascutum today (17 April) called in the administrators after owners Harold Tillman and Belinda Earl failed to stem losses at the business.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is planning to open at least 2,000 shops in China over the next decade after selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Struggling Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is selling a controlling stake in its business to Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group Co.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world’s local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Luxury lingerie retailer Agent Provocateur has named former Aquascutum chief executive Kim Winser as its new chairman.
Retail group Renown Inc posted a smaller net loss of JPY3.72bn (US$41.2m) in its fiscal first half, despite a double-digit revenue decline.
Luxury fashion brand Aquascutum is back in British ownership after it was acquired by entrepreneur Harold Tillman and Jaeger group CEO Belinda Earl.
Hong Kong based apparel firm YGM Trading Ltd yesterday (25 May) confirmed it has signed a letter of intent to buy British clothing brand Aquascutum, which it already makes and distributes in Greater China, Singapore and Malaysia.
The fight for one of Japan’s top retailers heated up again today when Renown Inc shares saw a surprising rally ending up 13.13% on the day before.
Japan’s Renown Inc has announced it will offload its entire stake in Aquascutum Ltd by February 2009 as part of a major restructuring effort.
British luxury brand Aquascutum could be put up for sale by Renown Inc, its Japanese owner, as part of widespread restructuring plans.
Japanese fashion firm Renown Inc is looking to sell 50% of French Connection's Japanese subsidiary back to the UK company.
Japanese apparel company Renown Inc is selling its remaining trademarks in UK men's wear firm Kent & Curwen to Hong Kong clothing group Trinity.
Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is to close up to a quarter of its 62 clothing brands in fiscal 2008 according to local press reports last week.
A sharp decline in extraordinary losses helped Japanese apparel maker Renown Incorporated to a 59.8% rise in first quarter profit.
Japanese apparel maker Renown Incorporated has slumped to a net loss for the year to 28 February, despite sales increasing by 47.2%.
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras