Raphael le Masne de Chermont has been executive chairman of Hong Kong-based Shanghai Tang - China's leading luxury lifestyle brand - since 2001. Not only is he the driving force behind the brand's global expansion, but he is a veteran of both Asia and the luxury goods sector. Here, le Masne de Chermont speaks to Marie-Hélène Corbin about the potential and pitfalls of the luxury market in China.
Luxury products group Labelux has named Gavin Haig as chief executive officer of its iconic British brand Belstaff.
Swiss-based luxury goods business Richemont is to step up investment in its brands, ruling out rumours that it is seeking to sell some of them off in the near future.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has declined to comment on reports it is looking for potential buyers for its Chloe fashion label.
Asia, particularly China, will continue to drive growth in the luxury market despite a slight slowdown in recent years, according to new research.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change