Raphael le Masne de Chermont has been executive chairman of Hong Kong-based Shanghai Tang - China's leading luxury lifestyle brand - since 2001. Not only is he the driving force behind the brand's global expansion, but he is a veteran of both Asia and the luxury goods sector. Here, le Masne de Chermont speaks to Marie-Hélène Corbin about the potential and pitfalls of the luxury market in China.
Luxury products group Labelux has named Gavin Haig as chief executive officer of its iconic British brand Belstaff.
Swiss-based luxury goods business Richemont is to step up investment in its brands, ruling out rumours that it is seeking to sell some of them off in the near future.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has declined to comment on reports it is looking for potential buyers for its Chloe fashion label.
Asia, particularly China, will continue to drive growth in the luxury market despite a slight slowdown in recent years, according to new research.
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment