J Sainsbury Plc
Sainsbury's has ended a nine-year run of sales growth after revealing a decline in fourth-quarter revenues this morning (18 March). The reta...
Retail giant Tesco yesterday (26 February) revealed further plans to improve its domestic sales performance and reverse declining market sha...
Sainsbury's this morning (29 January) announced commercial director Mike Coupe will replace Justin King as the supermarket retailer's chief...
UK retailer Sainsbury's this morning (8 January) said it achieved "record" levels of market share for its general merchandise and clothing b...
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
Corporate sustainability is seen by sceptics as too often being 'more talk than action'. Ben Eavis, head of corporate responsibility at Sainsbury’s, spoke with Ben Cooper about how the various steering groups, reporting processes and stakeholder discussions at Sainsbury's facilitate action rather being an end in their own right.
UK retail group Sainsbury's has ended its nine-year run of sales growth with a decline in fourth-quarter revenues, but says its clothing business continues to perform well.
Tesco will "accelerate" efforts to turnaround its UK business while also capping capital expenditure, the company said today (25 February).
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another two years as it reveals its clothing business is growing at around 10% year-on-year.
Asda ended its 2013 financial year with a fall in underlying sales in the fourth quarter.
Bangladesh's apparel trade body has signed a collaboration agreement with Impactt, a London-based leading ethical trading consultancy, to improve productivity in the ready-made garment industry.
Results on the performance of apparel retailers over the key Christmas shopping season are continuing to trickle through, with figures released last week showing that December proved to be a challenging month for those in the US.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy