J Sainsbury Plc
Sainsbury's is now reaping the benefits of the investment it has made in its clothing division, an analyst has said, after the UK retailer t...
UK retailer Sainsbury's this morning (11 June) issued its first-quarter trading update, in which it revealed that its clothing business cont...
Brands and retailers in the UK and other parts of Europe are "coming back" to Turkey as a source of textiles and clothing as they seek to di...
Sainsbury's has ended a nine-year run of sales growth after revealing a decline in fourth-quarter revenues this morning (18 March). The reta...
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
Corporate sustainability is seen by sceptics as too often being 'more talk than action'. Ben Eavis, head of corporate responsibility at Sainsbury’s, spoke with Ben Cooper about how the various steering groups, reporting processes and stakeholder discussions at Sainsbury's facilitate action rather being an end in their own right.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include Gap's plans to source clothing from Burma/Myanmar, an analysis on Sainsbury's reaping the benefits of its investment in clothing, and a snapshot of the Mauritian textile and apparel industry.
UK retail group Sainsbury's says its clothing business continued to grow strongly in the first quarter, delivering double-digit like-for-like sales growth.
UK supermarket retailer Sainsbury's is to sell its Tu clothing range online as part of a pilot designed to complement its in-store business.
Supermarket retailer Sainsbury's is to use inventory optimisation software to help improve allocation and replenishment of its fashion and general merchandise.
UK supermarket retailer Sainsbury's has booked a double-digit increase in full-year net profit - with non-food sales, which includes clothing, continuing to grow at more than twice the rate of food.
Results on the performance of apparel retailers over the key Christmas shopping season are continuing to trickle through, with figures released last week showing that December proved to be a challenging month for those in the US.
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report