Disruption was the central theme at this year's World Retail Congress in Paris, covering everything from the innovation of new businesses to...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay yesterday (29 July) submitted a bid for luxury US based retailer Saks after months of specul...
As the digital platform continues to bring about sweeping changes in the global apparel arena, Ashma Kunde, apparel research analyst at Euro...
China's rise over the past two decades as the leading location for apparel sourcing has had a knock-on effect on Hong Kong's role in the glo...
Italian fashion house Prada has acquired Tannerie Mégisserie Hervy, an historical French leather tannery located in Isle, near Limoges.
Performance jeans brand DL1961 Premium Denim is to treat its entire autumn men's collection with an antimicrobial to provide long-lasting odour control and freshness.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has more than halved its losses during the second quarter, thanks to a near-doubling of sales.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company swung to a profit in its first-quarter after its acquisition of Saks last year more than doubled retail sales.
Higher costs related to its CAD2.9bn (US$2.63bn) acquisition of luxury retailer Saks resulted in a 67% decline in fourth-quarter profit for Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company.
Not content with dominating the global exporting landscape, China is now switching its focus to growth in domestic consumption. And according to Li & Fung chairman William Fung, this is likely to lead to "a rather bumpy ride" for the apparel industry.
A $2.9bn deal that brings together the Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor and Saks Fifth Avenue brands into a combined company with 320 stores in the US and Canada was finally confirmed last week after months of speculation.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment