Disruption was the central theme at this year's World Retail Congress in Paris, covering everything from the innovation of new businesses to...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay yesterday (29 July) submitted a bid for luxury US based retailer Saks after months of specul...
As the digital platform continues to bring about sweeping changes in the global apparel arena, Ashma Kunde, apparel research analyst at Euro...
China's rise over the past two decades as the leading location for apparel sourcing has had a knock-on effect on Hong Kong's role in the glo...
Italian fashion house Prada has acquired Tannerie Mégisserie Hervy, an historical French leather tannery located in Isle, near Limoges.
Performance jeans brand DL1961 Premium Denim is to treat its entire autumn men's collection with an antimicrobial to provide long-lasting odour control and freshness.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has more than halved its losses during the second quarter, thanks to a near-doubling of sales.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company swung to a profit in its first-quarter after its acquisition of Saks last year more than doubled retail sales.
Higher costs related to its CAD2.9bn (US$2.63bn) acquisition of luxury retailer Saks resulted in a 67% decline in fourth-quarter profit for Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company.
Not content with dominating the global exporting landscape, China is now switching its focus to growth in domestic consumption. And according to Li & Fung chairman William Fung, this is likely to lead to "a rather bumpy ride" for the apparel industry.
A $2.9bn deal that brings together the Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor and Saks Fifth Avenue brands into a combined company with 320 stores in the US and Canada was finally confirmed last week after months of speculation.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020