Sears Holdings Corporation
The role played by factoring in the apparel supply chain came under the spotlight last week with reports suggesting that factoring companies...
A review of the work carried out so far by the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says the group has made "significant and laudable progr...
The group of North American brands and retailers - including Wal-Mart Stores, Gap Inc and VF Corporation - working to improve safety in Bang...
Harry Debes’ first year as CEO of Lawson Software was dominated by the company’s merger with Intentia International, in early 2006. Now, 15 months after the deal’s completion, he tells just-style how the firm is leveraging its strength in the fashion sector with some exciting new ERP software developments, to help companies reduce lead times and improve delivery performance.
Sears Holdings has announced its intention to raise as much as US$625m through an unsecured loan and equity warrants in a bid to generate additional liquidity and shore up its balance sheet.
UK value fashion retailer Primark has inked a deal with Sears Holdings which will see it lease space in seven stores in the US, a move that could be a sign of things to come.
The most-read stories on just-style last week included a look at the impact of China tightening up on corporate social responsibility, analyst opinion on JC Penney's new CEO, and an overview of Glenn Murphy's seven-year tenure at Gap.
Sears Holdings Corp commenced its rights offering, through which it plans to raise up to US$380m by selling off the majority of its stake in Sears Canada to generate additional liquidity.
Ronald Boire, the EVP and chief merchandising officer of Sears Holdings' Kmart and Full Line formats has joined the firm's Canadian division as acting president and CEO.
Experts on China's textile and apparel industry say that international brands must take increasing care to ensure their sourcing is environmentally and socially responsible, ahead of an anticipated tightening of government restrictions.
If evidence is needed as to the new direction likely to be pursued by US retail giant Gap Inc, look no further than the company's new leadership change. It was revealed last week that CEO Glenn Murphy is to step down in February, making way for Art Peck, the head of Gap's digital division.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre