Sequential Brands Group
In the most recent fourth-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Destination XL moved to a profit but booked lower sales, while Caleres moved to a loss in the quarter. VF Corporation, meanwhile, revealed a fall in both sales and earnings for the quarter, while Stein Mart moved to a loss as a result of "aggressive" promotions.
Brand management company Sequential Brands has tapped former VF Sportswear president, Karen Murray, as CEO.
Brand management company Sequential Brands has revealed multiple new categories for its lifestyle brand Joe's, including footwear and intimate apparel.
In the most recent third-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Sears Holdings remained optimistic despite widening its net losses, while Vince Holding blamed challenging conditions and warm weather for a fall in both earnings and sales. Abercrombie & Fitch, meanwhile, revealed a "disastrous" quarter as sales fell and earnings plummeted 80%, while American Eagle Outfitters booked record sales and its 9th consecutive quarter of profit improvement.
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Tailored Brands showed improvement on Q1 but saw earnings slide, while DSW booked mixed results. Abercrombie & Fitch widened its net losses but remained optimistic, while Destination Maternity revealed improved losses. Express, meanwhile, delivered what it described as a "disappointing" second-quarter, below management expectations, and Macy's saw a "distinct" improvement in its sales and earnings trends for the quarter.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts