Off-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July, is to shutter its entire chain of 64 stores.
California-based department store chain Mervyns, which last month filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, has been granted final approval for its $465m debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing facility by the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
US department store chain Boscov’s has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and says it is to close ten underperforming stores as it tries to reorganise its business.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Off-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection according to a notice posted with the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday (15 July).
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report