Off-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July, is to shutter its entire chain of 64 stores.
California-based department store chain Mervyns, which last month filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, has been granted final approval for its $465m debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing facility by the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
US department store chain Boscov’s has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and says it is to close ten underperforming stores as it tries to reorganise its business.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Off-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection according to a notice posted with the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday (15 July).
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- US footwear trade and sourcing snapshot
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Bangladesh Alliance unveils fire safety initiative