Off-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July, is to shutter its entire chain of 64 stores.
California-based department store chain Mervyns, which last month filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, has been granted final approval for its $465m debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing facility by the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
US department store chain Boscov’s has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and says it is to close ten underperforming stores as it tries to reorganise its business.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story.
Off-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection according to a notice posted with the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday (15 July).
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Brands urged to help end Shenzhen factory strike
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Nike shares slide on future orders in Q2
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade