The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has overtaken sugar to become the country's largest export, with a turnover of around US$885m in...
Retail behemoth Tesco this week revealed plans to open a chain of F&F clothing franchise stores in the US, marking the group's return to the...
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has had a busy 12 months, including a ramp-up of its sustainability efforts, a 'living wage'...
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
For all of the hype around a renaissance in British clothing and textile manufacturing, John Miln, CEO of the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT), believes that for now at least, it's mostly just talk. He spoke to Petah Marian about the state of UK manufacturing and some of the initiatives being undertaken by the industry body to grow the sector.
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
Retail giant Arcadia Group is to launch its Topshop and Miss Selfridge brands in China through a partnership with online multi-brand retailer ShangPin.com.
UK apparel lifestyle brand Ted Baker has told just-style it has no plans to boycott wool, despite calls to from an animal rights group, which exposed a series of violations in the industry.
UK value fashion retailer Primark has launched an investigation following the release of video footage exposing a series of violations in the wool industry.
Retailers and consumers are being urged by animal rights activists to boycott wool products after an investigation is said to have exposed a series of violations in the industry.
As part of efforts to restore fashion skills and manufacturing, fit specialist Alvanon has committed over GBP50,000 (US$83,860) worth of technical fit forms and pattern blocks to a garment manufacturer and training centre in the UK.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details