Retail behemoth Tesco this week revealed plans to open a chain of F&F clothing franchise stores in the US, marking the group's return to the...
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has had a busy 12 months, including a ramp-up of its sustainability efforts, a 'living wage'...
Having long sat on fashion's sidelines, Australasia has generated significant interest of late. In particular, the region's relative resilie...
Following last month's overview of apparel in Asia Pacific, Euromonitor International assesses the prospects and pitfalls in the next goldmi...
For all of the hype around a renaissance in British clothing and textile manufacturing, John Miln, CEO of the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT), believes that for now at least, it's mostly just talk. He spoke to Petah Marian about the state of UK manufacturing and some of the initiatives being undertaken by the industry body to grow the sector.
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
As part of a group-wide global supply chain initiative, UK retail giant Arcadia Group is deploying global trade management software across all its brands and territories.
UK clothing retailer Hobbs has confirmed the departure of Gracia Amico, its director of e-commerce.
Fashion retailer AllSaints has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora from its future collections following pressure from animal rights group PETA.
UK-based retail giant Arcadia Group has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora across its brands, which include Miss Selfridge, Topshop, BHS, Dorothy Perkins and Wallis.
PVH Corp, owner of the Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands, has joined a number of apparel firms in banning the use of angora in all of its products after an investigation by animal rights group PETA exposed "shocking" conditions in the industry.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects