| 22 Jan 2008
Retailers such as M&S, Tesco, Wal-Mart and Metro are among the pioneers of RFID across their supply chains. But as well as enhancing inventory visibility and reducing shrinkage and out-of-stocks for fashion firms, RFID offers benefits for the consumer too, as Niki Tait finds out.
| 23 Mar 2010
The first large scale item-level RFID roll-out in Japanese apparel stores has been undertaken by a consortium of apparel and textile companies including Flandre, Teijin Group and Sumikin Bussan Corp.
| 13 Jan 2010
Korean apparel company The Basic House has implemented an RFID solution to gain visibility into its supply chain management and to overcome a number of problems typical of the apparel industry.
| 12 Jan 2010
Mexican department store chain El Puerto de Liverpool SAB de CV has launched a comprehensive RFID solution for its suppliers to help improve its inventory management processes.
| 7 Oct 2009
Children’s fashion and textiles designer Carnaval de México has begun one of the country’s first item-level RFID tagging projects for apparel, and plans to use to technology to track and trace more than one million garments a year.
| 29 Jun 2009
UPM Raflatac is teaming up with Digilogics SA de CV to develop RFID label solutions for retailers operating in Mexico.
| 8 May 2009
UPM Raflatac is planning to shift production of its RFID tags and inlays away from Jyväskylä in Finland to Guangzhou in China, and to Fletcher, North Carolina in the US.
| 27 Nov 2008
Label specialist UPM Raflatac has opened a new RFID manufacturing site in Guangzhou, southern China.
| 14 Nov 2008
Finnish apparel company NP Collection has opened an “intelligent clothing” store in Hollola, Finland which uses RFID tags to help customers choose matching items and put individual looks together.
| 27 Feb 2008
UPM Raflatac is to begin production of RFID tag and inlays in Guangdong province in southern China to serve the fast-growing Asian market.
| 23 Nov 2007
NP Collection has become the first fashion firm in Scandinavia to pilot an RFID-based total supply chain solution.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020