The group of North American brands and retailers - including Wal-Mart Stores, Gap Inc and VF Corporation - working to improve safety in Bang...
After booking a double-digit increase in second-quarter profit, driven by revenue growth at its outdoor and action sport apparel segment, it...
Stung by unseasonably cold spring weather that blanketed many parts of the US just as they were rolling out their spring merchandise, retail...
The Rana Plaza factory disaster has proved to be a catalyst for change in Bangladesh. While there has been criticism of the speed of the fac...
Overseeing international operations for one of the world's most-recognised brands, Tim Wheeler paints a picture of a business model fine-tuned for success.
The theme of change resonates loudly with Harry van Dalfsen, who took on the role of president of the International Apparel Federation (IAF) two years ago at the height of the global economic crisis. Not surprisingly, ‘Fashion business in a changing environment’ is also the focus of the upcoming IAF World Apparel Convention, which takes place later this month.
VF Corp delivered what has been described as a "solid performance" during a "challenging" second-quarter, helped by double-digit revenue growth at four of its major brands.
VF Corp-owned Timberland has surpassed two of its key CSR targets nearly two years ahead of schedule.
Down and feather processor Downlite has become the first company to earn the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certificate in China - the largest down supply chain in the world.
Retailer Marks & Spencer is aiming to provide complete transparency across its supply chain, including publishing a list of its global clothing suppliers, but says the move will take time due to the sheer volume of information.
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."
As US retailers stocked up in April in anticipation of a busy spring and summer, their preferred supplier choices continued to be led by China and Vietnam. But the decline in shipments from Bangladesh appears to be accelerating.
2014 has got off to a troubled start in Cambodia, where protests over a new minimum wage for garment workers have been turning increasingly violent.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies