Walt Disney Company
Three strategies have emerged among clothing brands and retailers trying to decide what steps to take to raise standards in factories in Ban...
Emerging children's wear markets are among the latest research in the just-style store, with future problems, innovations and potential grow...
Anvil Knitwear is ahead of some of the world's biggest clothing brands when it comes to sustainability. Here, CEO Anthony Corsano talks to just-style about the business case for social and environmental responsibility, and explains why it is a defining feature of the future of the apparel industry.
Whether you love them or hate them, there is something bold about a pair of Crocs clogs. But far from being a passing fad, the brand has built up a huge following within the past five years and is now one of the fastest-growing footwear companies in the world. It is even stepping into fashion footwear and apparel as Ron Snyder, the company’s chief executive, tells Joe Ayling.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include data that reveals cotton's share of the US clothing market has fallen, a ban by Walt Disney on Pakistan and Bangladesh production, VF Corp's new China hub, and the high tariffs imposed by the Bangladesh government on building and safety equipment for the country's factories.
US-based Walt Disney Company (WDC) has gone ahead with its threat to phase out the sourcing of Disney-branded products from Bangladesh and Pakistan over concerns the countries no longer meet its guidelines on working conditions.
The pending anniversary of Rana Plaza has reignited calls for compensation to be given to victims of the Tazreen Fashions fire, in the hope they will not be forgotten.
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear Group has narrowed its fourth-quarter net loss and booked an increase in revenues.
Primark has become the latest retailer to commit to the elimination of hazardous chemicals from its supply chain after a Greenpeace campaign.
Building on plans set out three years ago to generate growth by giving its apparel a competitive edge, VF Corporation is to create three global innovation centres to speed the development of "game-changing" products in technical apparel, footwear and jeans.
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects