Wolverine World Wide Inc
Collective Brands has allegedly chosen a group made up of Wolverine World Wide and Golden Gate Capital as the leading contender to buy the company.
A group of US lawmakers is calling for "fair treatment" of footwear in the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade pact - saying that the talks could be used to mark the start of a new approach to footwear trade.
US footwear company Wolverine World Wide has reported higher first quarter earnings on the back of "strong consumer demand and accelerated revenue growth".
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
US footwear group Wolverine World Wide has posted Q4 net income of $25.6m, compared to $16.7m in the same period last year, forecasting "an excellent 2011".
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- Fashion's new frontiers: managing sourcing risk
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment