Wolverine World Wide Inc
Collective Brands has allegedly chosen a group made up of Wolverine World Wide and Golden Gate Capital as the leading contender to buy the company.
A group of US lawmakers is calling for "fair treatment" of footwear in the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade pact - saying that the talks could be used to mark the start of a new approach to footwear trade.
US footwear company Wolverine World Wide has reported higher first quarter earnings on the back of "strong consumer demand and accelerated revenue growth".
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
US footwear group Wolverine World Wide has posted Q4 net income of $25.6m, compared to $16.7m in the same period last year, forecasting "an excellent 2011".
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- US footwear trade and sourcing snapshot
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Bangladesh Alliance unveils fire safety initiative