After breaking the EUR1bn (US$1.07bn) revenue barrier for the first time in a single quarter, Berlin-based fashion e-tailer Zalando has revealed a series of investments for the year ahead, including the acquisition of multi-channel basketball retailer Kickz and plans to create more than 2,000 jobs.
Berlin-based fashion e-tailer Zalando has broken the EUR1bn (US$1.07bn) revenue barrier for the first time in a single quarter thanks to investment in its customer experience.
Many of the key themes that dominated the European retail scene in 2016 are expected to continue into this year, analysts believe, as retailers prepare for more currency headwinds, unseasonal weather, a continued shift to e-commerce and whatever hurdles Brexit will bring.
Berlin-based fashion e-tailer Zalando revealed earnings that beat expectations in its third-quarter, with revenues also up, despite what it called "challenging market conditions" and a strong comparison on last year.
Berlin-based fashion e-tailer Zalando has revealed it is to set up a standalone own-label fashion business to drive sales of its 17 brands to new target groups and markets.
Teen apparel retailer Abercrombie and Fitch is to make its products available to online consumers in 15 European markets after inking a wholesale agreement with Berlin-based fashion e-tailer Zalando.
Berlin-based fashion e-tailer Zalando has named Adidas as the first international brand partner to join its online platform, with stock from its Tauentzienstraße performance store in the city being available for same-day, free delivery.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective