Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
Country selection is a vital part of a successful sourcing strategy.
Paid just-style members can access our Global Sourcing Snapshots, packed with decision-making data.
I am so confident you will love our data and exclusive content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Apparel imports into the US offered surprising results in January, with five of the top ten supplier countries posting declines. Vietnam and Bangladesh, however, both led with double-digit gains, while China's growth continued to accelerate. Read the full article >
Related sourcing insights
Swedish apparel giant Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is among a number of Western apparel brands urging Bangladesh's Prime Minister to adopt a wage board for the country's garment sector, expressing concern over recent unrest among garment workers.
Cambodia’s textile and apparel export sector could face both short and long-term risks as a result of the UK leaving the EU, while the country's recent rise to lower-middle income status could add to its challenges, the International Labor Organization (ILO) has warned.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has signed a co-operation agreement with Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corp in a move expected to help develop a change in production method and the joint development and supply of textile items for the global market.
Improvements in compliance and establishing a separate garment production zone are crucial steps if Bangladesh is to ensure sustainable growth of its garment sector, a new report suggests.
Bangladesh's ready made garment (RMG) sector saw exports increase 4.4% in the first half of its 2016-17 financial year, figures show, despite a fall for the month of December.
The European Commission has proposed that the European Union (EU) removes duties on 66% of tariff lines imported from Sri Lanka, including textiles and clothing, to restore its GSP+ beneficiary status.
The US says real reform is needed if China is to improve its economic standing and its trading relationship with America – with continued major areas of concern including export restraints, subsidies, and inadequate transparency.
US yarn maker Unifi has partnered with Century Synthetic Fibre Corp to take its Repreve recycled filament fibre into Vietnam.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022