Apparel software trends – The outlook for 2016
just-style’s annual management briefing canvasses the views of software experts on the challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in the year ahead – and the ways technology can help tackle some of these issues. We also ask where firms should be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future, and take a look at what else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda.
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2016? Perfecting omnichannel retailing continues to be a major issue, as does the need to be faster, flexible and more efficient. There’s also an increasing need for full visibility into where, how and by whom products are produced.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda this year? Robotics and digital capabilities, 3D simulation and visualisation, cloud and mobility, and a shift in power to business intelligence and analytics, are all seen as coming to the fore.
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? Recurring themes include tools for greater visibility and control across outbound and inbound supply chains, and technology that supports fast access to accurate, up-to-date information, allowing improved decision-making across multiple channels.
Software can help tackle some of the challenges facing apparel supply chains by providing full end-to-end visibility across all channels, using data to drive better decision-making, and boosting collaboration with suppliers.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022