Apparel software trends – The outlook for 2016
just-style’s annual management briefing canvasses the views of software experts on the challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in the year ahead – and the ways technology can help tackle some of these issues. We also ask where firms should be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future, and take a look at what else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda.
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2016? Perfecting omnichannel retailing continues to be a major issue, as does the need to be faster, flexible and more efficient. There’s also an increasing need for full visibility into where, how and by whom products are produced.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda this year? Robotics and digital capabilities, 3D simulation and visualisation, cloud and mobility, and a shift in power to business intelligence and analytics, are all seen as coming to the fore.
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? Recurring themes include tools for greater visibility and control across outbound and inbound supply chains, and technology that supports fast access to accurate, up-to-date information, allowing improved decision-making across multiple channels.
Software can help tackle some of the challenges facing apparel supply chains by providing full end-to-end visibility across all channels, using data to drive better decision-making, and boosting collaboration with suppliers.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack