Bangladesh factory fire
As many as 111 people were killed and another 100 injured after a blaze swept through Bangladesh garment manufacturer Tazreen Fashion Ltd. The fire, which is believed to have been started by an electrical short circuit, is said to be the worst ever in the history of Bangladesh's US$20bn export-earning clothing industry.
It is almost two years to the day since 29 people perished in a fire at a garment factory in Bangladesh - and it would appear that little has been done in the intervening period to tackle the industry's safety issues.
The garment factory in Bangladesh where a fire at the weekend killed at least 111 people and injured another 100 had been making clothing for Wal-Mart without its knowledge, the world's largest retailer confirmed today (27 November).
Three committees have been set up by the Bangladesh government and private sector to investigate the devastating garment factory fire that killed 111 workers at the weekend.
Bangladesh is to hold a national day of mourning tomorrow (27 November) after at least 111 people were killed and another 100 injured in a garment factory fire on Saturday.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details