Bangladesh factory fire
As many as 111 people were killed and another 100 injured after a blaze swept through Bangladesh garment manufacturer Tazreen Fashion Ltd. The fire, which is believed to have been started by an electrical short circuit, is said to be the worst ever in the history of Bangladesh's US$20bn export-earning clothing industry.
It is almost two years to the day since 29 people perished in a fire at a garment factory in Bangladesh - and it would appear that little has been done in the intervening period to tackle the industry's safety issues.
The garment factory in Bangladesh where a fire at the weekend killed at least 111 people and injured another 100 had been making clothing for Wal-Mart without its knowledge, the world's largest retailer confirmed today (27 November).
Three committees have been set up by the Bangladesh government and private sector to investigate the devastating garment factory fire that killed 111 workers at the weekend.
Bangladesh is to hold a national day of mourning tomorrow (27 November) after at least 111 people were killed and another 100 injured in a garment factory fire on Saturday.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details