Buoyant Gap corrects seasonal imbalance
A broadly positive second quarter’s trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance. The company's continued focus on products and stores is helping to drive momentum.
A broadly positive second quarter’s trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance, now predicting earnings per share of US$1.95-2.00.
Fashion retail giant Gap Inc has posted a 29% surge in second quarter net profit, driven by across-the-board comparable store sales increases for its main brands.
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-school spending plans.
Clothing retailer Gap Inc today (2 August) saw July comparable sales increase 10%, which were driven by the company's positive performance in North America.
Gap Inc said its first Old Navy store outside of North America opened today (July) in Tokyo, Japan.
Clothing retailer The Gap Inc today (5 July) reported flat June comparable sales growth, as it saw a continued positive trend in its North American business.
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc today (31 May) reported a 2% increase in comparable sales for May, after positive feedback from its summer products.
One of the bright spots - quite literally - in the first three months of Gap Inc's new financial year has been the success of its spring collection, which helped lift sales by 6% and prompted CEO Glenn Murphy to say the firm now has a "small win" to celebrate.
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019