Buoyant Gap corrects seasonal imbalance
A broadly positive second quarter’s trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance. The company's continued focus on products and stores is helping to drive momentum.
A broadly positive second quarter’s trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance, now predicting earnings per share of US$1.95-2.00.
Fashion retail giant Gap Inc has posted a 29% surge in second quarter net profit, driven by across-the-board comparable store sales increases for its main brands.
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-school spending plans.
Clothing retailer Gap Inc today (2 August) saw July comparable sales increase 10%, which were driven by the company's positive performance in North America.
Gap Inc said its first Old Navy store outside of North America opened today (July) in Tokyo, Japan.
Clothing retailer The Gap Inc today (5 July) reported flat June comparable sales growth, as it saw a continued positive trend in its North American business.
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc today (31 May) reported a 2% increase in comparable sales for May, after positive feedback from its summer products.
One of the bright spots - quite literally - in the first three months of Gap Inc's new financial year has been the success of its spring collection, which helped lift sales by 6% and prompted CEO Glenn Murphy to say the firm now has a "small win" to celebrate.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation