Buoyant Gap corrects seasonal imbalance
A broadly positive second quarter’s trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance. The company's continued focus on products and stores is helping to drive momentum.
A broadly positive second quarter’s trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance, now predicting earnings per share of US$1.95-2.00.
Fashion retail giant Gap Inc has posted a 29% surge in second quarter net profit, driven by across-the-board comparable store sales increases for its main brands.
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-school spending plans.
Clothing retailer Gap Inc today (2 August) saw July comparable sales increase 10%, which were driven by the company's positive performance in North America.
Gap Inc said its first Old Navy store outside of North America opened today (July) in Tokyo, Japan.
Clothing retailer The Gap Inc today (5 July) reported flat June comparable sales growth, as it saw a continued positive trend in its North American business.
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc today (31 May) reported a 2% increase in comparable sales for May, after positive feedback from its summer products.
One of the bright spots - quite literally - in the first three months of Gap Inc's new financial year has been the success of its spring collection, which helped lift sales by 6% and prompted CEO Glenn Murphy to say the firm now has a "small win" to celebrate.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015