Fuelling growth through strategic PLM
Faster time-to-market is one of the clearest advantages of product lifecycle management (PLM) software. But connecting to other business processes such as retail metrics, supplier inventory and predictive analytics is opening up new possibilities. This briefing looks at how to use PLM to fuel growth and fulfil demand, choosing a vendor, and planning for a successful project.
Faster time-to-market is perhaps one of the clearest advantages of product lifecycle management (PLM) software, as greater supply chain transparency enables more efficiencies to be made, from the designer’s pen to the store shelf. But connecting to other business processes through PLM, such as retail metrics, supplier inventory as well predictive analytics to forecast consumer choices, is opening up an array of new business possibilities.
It may sound like tautology, but planning really does work better when well planned. Indeed, planning to implement a planning tool is no small feat, and introducing a product lifecycle management PLM solution to an apparel business has a lifecycle all of its own.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) has become so entrenched in modern manufacturing that it has spawned its own academic discipline and a massive body of research. And some common themes are evident when it comes to selecting a PLM vendor.
Companies trying to determine if product lifecycle management (PLM) software solutions are right for them should note that size is not an obstacle; these systems can be useful to businesses of nearly any size.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022