Fuelling growth through strategic PLM
Faster time-to-market is one of the clearest advantages of product lifecycle management (PLM) software. But connecting to other business processes such as retail metrics, supplier inventory and predictive analytics is opening up new possibilities. This briefing looks at how to use PLM to fuel growth and fulfil demand, choosing a vendor, and planning for a successful project.
Faster time-to-market is perhaps one of the clearest advantages of product lifecycle management (PLM) software, as greater supply chain transparency enables more efficiencies to be made, from the designer’s pen to the store shelf. But connecting to other business processes through PLM, such as retail metrics, supplier inventory as well predictive analytics to forecast consumer choices, is opening up an array of new business possibilities.
It may sound like tautology, but planning really does work better when well planned. Indeed, planning to implement a planning tool is no small feat, and introducing a product lifecycle management PLM solution to an apparel business has a lifecycle all of its own.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) has become so entrenched in modern manufacturing that it has spawned its own academic discipline and a massive body of research. And some common themes are evident when it comes to selecting a PLM vendor.
Companies trying to determine if product lifecycle management (PLM) software solutions are right for them should note that size is not an obstacle; these systems can be useful to businesses of nearly any size.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing