Headwinds likely to impact holiday sales
Although holiday sales of apparel and footwear are expected to rise this year, analysts believe consumers will be keeping an eye on how much they spend as headwinds such as political uncertainties and economic concerns are likely to come first.
US retailers preparing for the upcoming holiday season - the biggest shopping period of the year - are likely to be hit by headwinds including the presidential election and concerns surrounding the economy. But consumer confidence seems to be picking up and forecasts suggest spending will rise, as Katie Smith reports.
Import cargo volumes at major retail container ports in the US are expected to increase by 9.9% in October as retailers stock up for Christmas, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF).
Most consumers are set to take a conservative approach to their gift-giving this Christmas in the US, according to a survey from the National Retail Federation (NRF).
US retail sales are expected to increase 4.1% this holiday season but will be tempered by political and fiscal uncertainties, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF).
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details