Mexico’s WTO China complaint stirs up debate
China's clothing and textile industry - already undermined by rising costs and competitors snapping at its heels - is especially vulnerable to fallout from a World Trade Organization dispute (WTO) brought by Mexico.
China's clothing and textile industry - already undermined by rising costs and competitors snapping at its heels - is especially vulnerable to fallout from a World Trade Organization dispute (WTO) brought last week by Mexico.
Mexico's World Trade Organization (WTO) challenge to Chinese subsidies for textile and clothing producers could be the most serious test yet to Beijing's activist industrial policies, according to trade diplomats and legal experts in Geneva.
US textile industry experts are urging the American government to step up and support the recent complaint filed by Mexico at the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Chinese industrial policy regarding the textile and clothing sector.
The Mexican government has launched an audacious attack at the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Chinese industrial policy regarding the textile and clothing sector - claiming almost all Beijing's support for the industry is illegal.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy