Sri Lanka Design Festival 2012
This year's Sri Lanka Design Festival continued its focus on how brands and manufacturers can improve speed to market while maintaining their eco and ethical credentials. just-style visited the country, and saw a number of eco-factories, attended the South Asian Leadership Forum and a sustainability event. You can find all the articles from the trip here.
Collaboration, speed to market and building the 'Made in Sri Lanka' brand emerged as key themes at this year's South Asian Apparel Leadership Forum, held as part of last week's Sri Lanka Design Festival (SLDF).
Sri Lankan clothing producer Timex is expanding its own brands in Asia and Europe as part of plans to move into higher margin areas to offset rising costs in its domestic manufacturing operations.
Suppliers may need to undergo only one audit a year on their sustainability and environmental credentials if an eco-index initiative by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) takes off.
Sri Lanka is cementing its position at the vanguard of sustainable and ethical fashion production because "it's the right thing to do, and something we wanted to do," according to Nikhil Hirdaramani, director at one of the country's leading manufacturers.
The power of the fashion industry to induce consumers to become more sustainable was a key theme of today's Sustainable Fashion Symposium at the Sri Lanka Design Festival.
Clothing brands can improve their speed to market and sustainabilty through the development of shipping hubs near their sourcing markets, delegates at the Sri Lanka Design Festival were told today (16 November).
I'm in sunny Sri Lanka. Sadly, I'm not poolside sipping on cocktails, but hard at work bringing you the latest from the 2012 Sri Lankan Design Festival, which began tonight (15 November).
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020