State of Sourcing 2017 – just-style survey results
The apparel supply chain will continue to be buffeted by rising costs and pressure for faster deliveries, smaller quantities and more styles in 2017, according to just-style's annual State of Sourcing survey.
The apparel supply chain will continue to be buffeted by rising costs and pressure for faster deliveries, smaller quantities and more styles in 2017, according to just-style’s annual State of Sourcing survey. The snapshot suggests many apparel executives are budgeting for this, while others see renegotiating with current suppliers as a key cost-cutting tactic. And almost three-quarters say they are planning to reallocate some of their sourcing in 2017.
Having established that rising costs are among the top challenges for apparel sourcing executives as they head into 2017, the second part of just-style's State of Sourcing 2017 survey analysis drills down into their strategic plans for the future, including likely shifts in global apparel manufacturing and technology investments to help them remain competitive.
More pessimistic expectations for consumer confidence in all key markets in the year ahead set the scene for just-style's State of Sourcing 2017 survey. The impact of the Brexit vote and the US presidential election on trade agreements are among upcoming concerns, while respondents are bracing for another year of exchange rate volatility and rising raw material and labour costs.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar