State of Sourcing 2017 – just-style survey results
The apparel supply chain will continue to be buffeted by rising costs and pressure for faster deliveries, smaller quantities and more styles in 2017, according to just-style's annual State of Sourcing survey.
The apparel supply chain will continue to be buffeted by rising costs and pressure for faster deliveries, smaller quantities and more styles in 2017, according to just-style’s annual State of Sourcing survey. The snapshot suggests many apparel executives are budgeting for this, while others see renegotiating with current suppliers as a key cost-cutting tactic. And almost three-quarters say they are planning to reallocate some of their sourcing in 2017.
Having established that rising costs are among the top challenges for apparel sourcing executives as they head into 2017, the second part of just-style's State of Sourcing 2017 survey analysis drills down into their strategic plans for the future, including likely shifts in global apparel manufacturing and technology investments to help them remain competitive.
More pessimistic expectations for consumer confidence in all key markets in the year ahead set the scene for just-style's State of Sourcing 2017 survey. The impact of the Brexit vote and the US presidential election on trade agreements are among upcoming concerns, while respondents are bracing for another year of exchange rate volatility and rising raw material and labour costs.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022