Top 20 of 2016
just-style takes a look at the top news, analysis, comment, and interviews published on just-style in 2016.
Instead of the regular roundup of the most-read news pieces on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at our top analysis pieces in 2016. Child labour, trade deals, Trump's election, 3D printing, the impact of Brexit, and sustainability are just some of the issues we analysed.
Some of the top interviews on just-style in 2016 were with James Rogers, the sustainability manager of The North Face, Eran Itzhak the CEO of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Paul Lister, responsible for Primark's ethical trading team.
Among the most-read comment articles on just-style in 2015 were a look at what the Trump presidency will mean for apparel, the decline and fall of the supply chain manager, whether UK apparel reshoring is really gaining momentum, and why traceability plays a key role in social compliance.
Instead of our regular roundup of the most-read stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top news stories on just-style in 2016. Cutting edge innovations, Africa growth, Brexit, worker safety, key apparel and footwear trends, and minimum wages were just some of the issues that made the headlines.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016