Top 20 of 2016
just-style takes a look at the top news, analysis, comment, and interviews published on just-style in 2016.
Instead of the regular roundup of the most-read news pieces on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at our top analysis pieces in 2016. Child labour, trade deals, Trump's election, 3D printing, the impact of Brexit, and sustainability are just some of the issues we analysed.
Some of the top interviews on just-style in 2016 were with James Rogers, the sustainability manager of The North Face, Eran Itzhak the CEO of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Paul Lister, responsible for Primark's ethical trading team.
Among the most-read comment articles on just-style in 2015 were a look at what the Trump presidency will mean for apparel, the decline and fall of the supply chain manager, whether UK apparel reshoring is really gaining momentum, and why traceability plays a key role in social compliance.
Instead of our regular roundup of the most-read stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top news stories on just-style in 2016. Cutting edge innovations, Africa growth, Brexit, worker safety, key apparel and footwear trends, and minimum wages were just some of the issues that made the headlines.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022