What's wrong with Billabong?
For all of the suitors circling Billabong International, the Australian surfwear retailer is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over the past year, none of the interest has so far turned into a deal.
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over the past year, Petah Marian looks at why none of the interest has so far turned into a deal.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore Partners.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has opened its books to a consortium comprising the company's former head of its Americas business.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong today (19 December) confirmed details of a AUD524m buyout bid - but shares fell 13.3% after the company issued another profit warning.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has seen its share price jump after the head of its Americas business temporarily stepped aside to explore a potential buyout of the company.
Private equity firm TPG Capital has withdrawn its bid for Australian surfwear brand Billabong.
Surfwear business Billabong has unveiled a four-year transformation strategy after recording a full-year loss of A$275.6m in the 12 months to 30 June.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has named Launa Inman as its new managing director and CEO, replacing Derek O'Neil who left the company yesterday (8 May).
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- Natural plant dyed eco-friendly cellulosic yarns