What's wrong with Billabong?
For all of the suitors circling Billabong International, the Australian surfwear retailer is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over the past year, none of the interest has so far turned into a deal.
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over the past year, Petah Marian looks at why none of the interest has so far turned into a deal.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore Partners.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has opened its books to a consortium comprising the company's former head of its Americas business.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong today (19 December) confirmed details of a AUD524m buyout bid - but shares fell 13.3% after the company issued another profit warning.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has seen its share price jump after the head of its Americas business temporarily stepped aside to explore a potential buyout of the company.
Private equity firm TPG Capital has withdrawn its bid for Australian surfwear brand Billabong.
Surfwear business Billabong has unveiled a four-year transformation strategy after recording a full-year loss of A$275.6m in the 12 months to 30 June.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has named Launa Inman as its new managing director and CEO, replacing Derek O'Neil who left the company yesterday (8 May).
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Why China makers are moving out or moving online
- Multiple country choices require complex decisions
- Apparel manufacturing hubs vying for business
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Aeropostale to close 154 stores amid bankruptucy
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco