What's wrong with Billabong?
For all of the suitors circling Billabong International, the Australian surfwear retailer is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over the past year, none of the interest has so far turned into a deal.
For all of the suitors circling Billabong, the Australian surfwear brand is yet to see much action. With four bidders showing interest over the past year, Petah Marian looks at why none of the interest has so far turned into a deal.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore Partners.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has opened its books to a consortium comprising the company's former head of its Americas business.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong today (19 December) confirmed details of a AUD524m buyout bid - but shares fell 13.3% after the company issued another profit warning.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has seen its share price jump after the head of its Americas business temporarily stepped aside to explore a potential buyout of the company.
Private equity firm TPG Capital has withdrawn its bid for Australian surfwear brand Billabong.
Surfwear business Billabong has unveiled a four-year transformation strategy after recording a full-year loss of A$275.6m in the 12 months to 30 June.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has named Launa Inman as its new managing director and CEO, replacing Derek O'Neil who left the company yesterday (8 May).
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- China and India to exploit trade relationship
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions