World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- M&S continuing to drive sustainability agenda
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty