World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change