World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar