World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Latest TPP talks fail to clinch a deal
- COMMENT: Wearable tech – a passing fashion?
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Fabric sourcing tool links mills with design teams
- Coats Group swings to substantial H1 loss
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019