World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)