World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report