World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- Three tipping points for RFID in fashion
- Cotton “too diverse” for fixed sustainability plan
- Capacity building key to Myanmar momentum
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- DENIM DAYS: Suppliers weigh up industry challenges
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launched
- Wal-Mart silent on Rana Plaza lawsuit
- Nike criticised over Vietnam sourcing ethics
- VF Corp lifts outlook despite Q1 profit fall
- Nike launches women's kit from recycled polyester