World Retail Congress 2012
The 2012 World Retail Congress brought together senior executives from many of the world's largest retailers. Internationalisation emerged as a theme this year as retailers look to emerging markets for growth.
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said last night (21 September) at the World Retail Congress.
J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler today (20 September) confirmed that the US fashion retailer plans to open its first UK store in London store next year.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as there are retailers.
The global retail industry is looking to London over the next three days as senior executives converge on the city to discuss the issues facing the sector at the World Retail Congress.
- When will Gap get back on track?
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Bangladesh factory safety progressing slowly
- Jason Denham raises the bar on denim innovation
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Q1 results in brief: Pacific Sunwear, Express
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Indonesian textile sector sees 6,000 lay-offs
- Cambodia garment factory strikes up 74%
- Vietnam garment staff return after faintings