The apparel and textile business blog from Katie Smith
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katie Smith.
Esprit launches vegan hantags 30 Jul 14
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit is introducing vegan hangtags, in a bid to increase transparency in textile labelling and better inform conscious consumers...
Cashing in on the World Cup 10 Jun 14
With the World Cup football tournament kicking off in just a few days, new research has suggested it will add GBP2.20bn (US$3.70bn) to global sports turnover in 2014...
A campaign encouraging shoppers to ask where and how their garments have been made has been set up to mark the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster...
just-style takes an Easter break 17 Apr 14
We're heading off for an Easter break here in the UK, which means there will be no site updates or email newsletters on Friday (18 April) or Monday (21 April)...
Next launches standalone brand website 13 Mar 14
UK fashion retailer Next has today (13 March) launched its dedicated brand website, Label...
M&S unveils new magazine style website 19 Feb 14
Retailer Marks & Spencer has unveiled its new magazine style website, promising to be "brighter, bolder, better" with a raft of new ideas and inspiration for its customers...
Under Armour has come up against increasing criticism after the US speed-skating team dropped its latest suits, which were designed especially for the Winter Olympics in Sochi...
Adidas and H&M gain sustainable rankings 27 Jan 14
Fashion and sportswear firms H&M and Adidas have made it onto a list of the most sustainable companies in the world...
Say goodbye to posture problems 27 Jan 14
Problems with posture are set to be a thing of the past, with the introduction of a T-shirt designed to make the wearer stand up tall again...
With the likes of Kim Kardashian and Lucy Mecklenburgh sharing their gym habits via workout selfies, it's hard not to think about getting into shape this new year, and what to wear when working out...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report