The apparel and textile business blog from Katie Smith
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katie Smith.
Goodbye from your news editor 22 Apr 16
Having contributed to just-style for five years, serving as news editor for the last two, it has been a pleasure to observe and report on the global textile and apparel industry...
Holiday return fraud is likely to cost US retailers US$2.2bn this year, up 15.8% from a year ago, according to new research...
New initiatives to tackle climate change 29 Sep 15
After Nike and Wal-Mart last week pledged to source 100% of their electricity from renewable energy, more initiatives are being embarked upon to combat global climate change...
just-style takes an Easter break 2 Apr 15
We're heading off for an Easter break here in the UK, which means there will be no site updates or email newsletters on Friday (3 April) or Monday (6 April)...
Anyone heading to ISPO Munich next month for what is arguably the world’s largest multi-segment sports exhibition, should also try to take in the World Sports Forum event on 'Entering and Exploring new Markets.'..
A suspension system similar to that used in cars has been built into a new casual pocket sprung shoe...
Esprit launches vegan hantags 30 Jul 14
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit is introducing vegan hangtags, in a bid to increase transparency in textile labelling and better inform conscious consumers...
Cashing in on the World Cup 10 Jun 14
With the World Cup football tournament kicking off in just a few days, new research has suggested it will add GBP2.20bn (US$3.70bn) to global sports turnover in 2014...
A campaign encouraging shoppers to ask where and how their garments have been made has been set up to mark the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster...
just-style takes an Easter break 17 Apr 14
We're heading off for an Easter break here in the UK, which means there will be no site updates or email newsletters on Friday (18 April) or Monday (21 April)...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack