The apparel and textile business blog from Katie Smith
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katie Smith.
Anyone heading to ISPO Munich next month for what is arguably the world’s largest multi-segment sports exhibition, should also try to take in the World Sports Forum event on 'Entering and Exploring new Markets.'..
A suspension system similar to that used in cars has been built into a new casual pocket sprung shoe...
Esprit launches vegan hantags 30 Jul 14
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit is introducing vegan hangtags, in a bid to increase transparency in textile labelling and better inform conscious consumers...
Cashing in on the World Cup 10 Jun 14
With the World Cup football tournament kicking off in just a few days, new research has suggested it will add GBP2.20bn (US$3.70bn) to global sports turnover in 2014...
A campaign encouraging shoppers to ask where and how their garments have been made has been set up to mark the first anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster...
just-style takes an Easter break 17 Apr 14
We're heading off for an Easter break here in the UK, which means there will be no site updates or email newsletters on Friday (18 April) or Monday (21 April)...
Next launches standalone brand website 13 Mar 14
UK fashion retailer Next has today (13 March) launched its dedicated brand website, Label...
M&S unveils new magazine style website 19 Feb 14
Retailer Marks & Spencer has unveiled its new magazine style website, promising to be "brighter, bolder, better" with a raft of new ideas and inspiration for its customers...
Under Armour has come up against increasing criticism after the US speed-skating team dropped its latest suits, which were designed especially for the Winter Olympics in Sochi...
Adidas and H&M gain sustainable rankings 27 Jan 14
Fashion and sportswear firms H&M and Adidas have made it onto a list of the most sustainable companies in the world...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019