The apparel and textile business blog from Leonie Barrie
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Leonie Barrie.
China cotton call 2 Mar 15
International fashion brands and retailers are being urged to help build a more resilient cotton supply chain in China if they want to secure supplies of the raw material for the future. But can they really make a difference, and why should they care?..
Are you up to speed on 'The Fit Factor'? 27 Feb 15
A special event on ‘The Fit Factor – World class wisdom on fashion sizing and fit’ will bring together speakers from Marks & Spencer, Tesco, C&A and Debenhams in the UK next week...
As the threat of a US West Coast port shutdown looms, analysts already estimate the ongoing disruption could add an eye-watering US$36.9bn to costs over the next 24 months...
Birnbaum answers back 16 Feb 15
Do you have any burning questions you’d like to ask a renowned global garment industry expert? For free...
Bangladesh exports to US bounce back 9 Feb 15
Apparel shipments from Bangladesh to the US bounced back in December, posting their first rise since January last year...
Outdoor brands in innovation buzz 2 Feb 15
Innovation and technology were the buzz words at this month’s Outdoor Retailer trade show, where leading outdoor brands unveiled new ways to encourage emotional as well as functional participation by consumers...
Myanmar pay talks underway 26 Jan 15
Talks aimed at setting a minimum wage for workers in Burma/Myanmar are now underway, after the original deadline of December was missed following calls for further research...
German sporting goods giant Adidas Group has been named as the world's third most sustainable company this year, according to a ranking released by Toronto-based media company Corporate Knights to coincide with the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland...
A year of challenges and opportunities 19 Jan 15
One of the most popular reports published on just-style each year is our annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead. And for 2015 we have again asked leading executives for their feedback on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge...
2015 starting to shape up 12 Jan 15
With most holiday merchandise brought into the US early as retailers rushed to beat a possible shutdown of West Coast ports, it is perhaps not surprising that apparel imports fell in November...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019