The apparel and textile business blog from Leonie Barrie
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Leonie Barrie.
…Nike, at least according to Forbes. Its annual ranking of the top 100 most valuable companies is not surprisingly dominated by technology brands – led by Apple in the number one slot. But plenty of clothing brands and retailers also made it onto the list...
Who won the 2015 World Textile Awards? 12 May 16
Textured Jersey Lanka has again been recognised at the World Textile Awards sponsored by The Textile Institute, being named ‘Dyer & Finisher of the Year’ for the second year running...
Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale has finally filed for bankruptcy protection, joining the ranks of American Apparel, Quiksilver, Pacific Sunwear and Sports Authority as the latest in a series of high-profile retail collapses...
Contrasting fortunes characterised the global clothing industry last week. On the one hand Hanesbrands has positioned itself as the largest basic apparel company in the world after agreeing to buy Australian rival Pacific Brands in an US$800m deal. But on the other, the UK high street stands to lose 204 years of combined retailing history as retailers BHS and Austin Reed Group both called in the administrators...
The US footwear industry has voiced its disappointment that athletic brand New Balance has come out in opposition of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal...
Despite years of denial, British garment making showed signs of a revival in the second half of 2015. Is the long-anticipated UK onshoring boom finally coming into view?..
Risks include worker unrest in China 4 Apr 16
Risks ranging from cargo theft to natural disasters and terrorism incidents are among the biggest threats seen to global supply chains in 2016..
Ethics are not about a price point 29 Mar 16
With a business model focused on offering the lowest prices on the high street, UK value fashion chain Primark is constantly questioned over its commitment to a range of ethical and environmental issues...
Is Vietnam primed for TPP? 21 Mar 16
It is no secret that Vietnam's textile and clothing sector is widely expected to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the recently-agreed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade pact...
just-style subscription offer 15 Mar 16
If you're thinking of taking out a new subscription to just-style - or renewing an existing one - then our offer of two free research reports worth £600 (US$848) and 15 months’ access to just-style for the price of 12 might help you to make up your mind...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals