The apparel and textile business blog from Leonie Barrie
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Leonie Barrie.
A focus on fit pays off for C&A 25 Nov 15
If proof was needed of the link between consistent garment size and fit and its impact on top-line growth, then look no further than European value fashion retailer C&A – where a 10-month overhaul of fit and product development processes is already paying dividends...
Sourcing plans unwise to target TPP 16 Nov 15
The release of the full text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement earlier this month coincided with a number of events showing how unpredictable the deal’s approval is likely to be...
How do you feel about the big issues facing you, your company and apparel sourcing in 2016? We're compiling feedback as part of our annual ‘State of Sourcing’ survey – and would love to hear your thoughts on what challenges and opportunities you're expecting in the year ahead...
Fears were played down last week that international retailers are postponing trips to Bangladesh following the recent killings of two foreign nationals in the country...
TPP winners and losers 19 Oct 15
Continuing just-style’s coverage of the potential impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, last week we took a look at the apparel and textile producing countries most likely to benefit – or not...
TPP trade pact finally concluded 12 Oct 15
After more than five years of negotiations, leaders of 12 Pacific Rim countries, including the US, Japan and Vietnam, have finally concluded negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). The move paves the way for what will be the world's largest free trade agreement, linking about 40% of the global economy...
A vision for the future of fashion 9 Oct 15
Undergarments with built-in sensors that track vital statistics, such as pulse and body temperature; fashions that alter their form, extending and contracting in length as required; and clothing that adapts to changes in temperature. These are just a few of the ways the integration of technology could transform apparel in the coming decades...
Ralph Lauren’s gain a blow for Gap 6 Oct 15
The unexpected appointment of Old Navy president Stefan Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO of his namesake business later this year saw Ralph Lauren’s share price jump 13.6%, while Gap Inc’s declined 5.7%...
Navigating potential risks ahead of TPP 28 Sep 15
As the second largest footwear supplier to the US, Vietnam is already an important part of the production portfolio for many US footwear companies. But with growth being fuelled by the possible Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), companies eyeing the country as a sourcing destination should also be navigating potential risks...
Nike and Wal-Mart have used the annual Climate Week in New York to pledge to source 100% of their electricity from renewable energy, joining H&M and M&S as part of the RE100 campaign...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015