The apparel and textile business blog from Leonie Barrie
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Leonie Barrie.
Myanmar pay talks underway 26 Jan 15
Talks aimed at setting a minimum wage for workers in Burma/Myanmar are now underway, after the original deadline of December was missed following calls for further research...
German sporting goods giant Adidas Group has been named as the world's third most sustainable company this year, according to a ranking released by Toronto-based media company Corporate Knights to coincide with the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland...
A year of challenges and opportunities 19 Jan 15
One of the most popular reports published on just-style each year is our annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead. And for 2015 we have again asked leading executives for their feedback on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge...
2015 starting to shape up 12 Jan 15
With most holiday merchandise brought into the US early as retailers rushed to beat a possible shutdown of West Coast ports, it is perhaps not surprising that apparel imports fell in November...
A wee dram of Harris Tweed anyone? 9 Jan 15
Anyone kicking off the New Year by taking a break from alcohol in January may be relieved - or revolted - to hear of a new development from textile technology experts at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland...
A look back as we move into 2015 5 Jan 15
As we return to the swing of things, a good way to start 2015 is to take a look back at the top news stories, analysis pieces, comment articles and interviews published on just-style in 2014...
Happy holidays from just-style 23 Dec 14
As 2014 comes to a close, the team here at just-style is taking a well-earned break. The office will be closed from 24 December for the annual Christmas and New Year celebrations - but we'll be back at our desks again on 2 January 2015...
Facing up to fire safety challenges 22 Dec 14
Will efforts to improve fire, building and worker safety in Bangladesh's apparel industry translate into more business - and higher prices?..
The Bangladesh ready-made garment industry has set out an ambitious goal to double its exports to $50bn over the next seven years as it works to rebuild its reputation in the wake of recent tragedies...
Once a bellwether of US retailers' likely performance over the upcoming holiday, sales during the just-gone Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend have dropped for the second year in a row...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead