The apparel and textile business blog from Leonie Barrie
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Leonie Barrie.
Speed needed on safety renovations 9 Feb 16
Just days after international representatives expressed concerns that many "priority areas" still need to be tackled to improve safety in Bangladesh’s ready-made garment sector, a fire broke out at a factory deemed to be on track with remedial action...
Outdoor gear could be harmful 1 Feb 16
Outdoor brands are being urged to eliminate all PFCs from their products and supply chains after the hazardous chemicals were discovered in clothing, footwear and outdoor equipment...
What next for apparel sourcing? 26 Jan 16
While consumers increasingly crave instant gratification, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and more options than ever before in terms of products and how and where to buy them, retailers and brands are being hampered by supply chains that are legacies of a previous era. Is a fundamental redesign the answer? Or can existing ones be improved? We take a closer look at the Roadmap to the apparel supply chain of the future...
China manufacturing continues to change 19 Jan 16
US President Barack Obama last week used his final State of the Union address to appeal to Congress to ratifiy the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement...
Industry issues kick-starting 2016 11 Jan 16
What are likely to be the key apparel industry issues to watch in the upcoming year? To kick-start 2016, just-style has again asked leading executives for their thoughts on potential challenges and opportunities, shifts in the sourcing landscape, and strategies to help apparel firms and their suppliers stay ahead...
Happy holidays from just-style 23 Dec 15
We've reached the end of another busy year here at just-style, and on behalf of the whole team I'd like to wish all our readers a very happy holiday and thank you for your continued support...
A focus on fit pays off for C&A 25 Nov 15
If proof was needed of the link between consistent garment size and fit and its impact on top-line growth, then look no further than European value fashion retailer C&A – where a 10-month overhaul of fit and product development processes is already paying dividends...
Sourcing plans unwise to target TPP 16 Nov 15
The release of the full text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement earlier this month coincided with a number of events showing how unpredictable the deal’s approval is likely to be...
How do you feel about the big issues facing you, your company and apparel sourcing in 2016? We're compiling feedback as part of our annual ‘State of Sourcing’ survey – and would love to hear your thoughts on what challenges and opportunities you're expecting in the year ahead...
Fears were played down last week that international retailers are postponing trips to Bangladesh following the recent killings of two foreign nationals in the country...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation