BRIEFING: India’s integrated fashion sector
The Indian clothing sector is emerging from its traditional outsourcing-hub image and establishing its own brands that sell modern design and high quality garments in the international market. A resurgent economy still growing during the current global economic downturn and the official encouragement of entrepreneurial freedom have brought forward talented designers to challenge established names in the business. Many companies, at the cutting edge of this new development are learning the marketing skills and making use of India's abundant design talent and cheap manufacturing facilities to make their name in the highly competitive markets in Europe and United States. If they succeed, they could become textile and clothing giants. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar