BRIEFING: India’s integrated fashion sector
September 2009 management briefing
The Indian clothing sector is emerging from its traditional outsourcing-hub image and establishing its own brands that sell modern design and high quality garments in the international market. A resurgent economy still growing during the current global economic downturn and the official encouragement of entrepreneurial freedom have brought forward talented designers to challenge established names in the business. Many companies, at the cutting edge of this new development are learning the marketing skills and making use of India's abundant design talent and cheap manufacturing facilities to make their name in the highly competitive markets in Europe and United States. If they succeed, they could become textile and clothing giants. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019