BRIEFING: India’s integrated fashion sector
The Indian clothing sector is emerging from its traditional outsourcing-hub image and establishing its own brands that sell modern design and high quality garments in the international market. A resurgent economy still growing during the current global economic downturn and the official encouragement of entrepreneurial freedom have brought forward talented designers to challenge established names in the business. Many companies, at the cutting edge of this new development are learning the marketing skills and making use of India's abundant design talent and cheap manufacturing facilities to make their name in the highly competitive markets in Europe and United States. If they succeed, they could become textile and clothing giants. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges