BRIEFING: India’s integrated fashion sector
The Indian clothing sector is emerging from its traditional outsourcing-hub image and establishing its own brands that sell modern design and high quality garments in the international market. A resurgent economy still growing during the current global economic downturn and the official encouragement of entrepreneurial freedom have brought forward talented designers to challenge established names in the business. Many companies, at the cutting edge of this new development are learning the marketing skills and making use of India's abundant design talent and cheap manufacturing facilities to make their name in the highly competitive markets in Europe and United States. If they succeed, they could become textile and clothing giants. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape