BRIEFING: India’s integrated fashion sector
The Indian clothing sector is emerging from its traditional outsourcing-hub image and establishing its own brands that sell modern design and high quality garments in the international market. A resurgent economy still growing during the current global economic downturn and the official encouragement of entrepreneurial freedom have brought forward talented designers to challenge established names in the business. Many companies, at the cutting edge of this new development are learning the marketing skills and making use of India's abundant design talent and cheap manufacturing facilities to make their name in the highly competitive markets in Europe and United States. If they succeed, they could become textile and clothing giants. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack