BRIEFING: India’s integrated fashion sector
The Indian clothing sector is emerging from its traditional outsourcing-hub image and establishing its own brands that sell modern design and high quality garments in the international market. A resurgent economy still growing during the current global economic downturn and the official encouragement of entrepreneurial freedom have brought forward talented designers to challenge established names in the business. Many companies, at the cutting edge of this new development are learning the marketing skills and making use of India's abundant design talent and cheap manufacturing facilities to make their name in the highly competitive markets in Europe and United States. If they succeed, they could become textile and clothing giants. Raghavendra Verma reports from New Delhi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019