November management briefing: Part IV – RFID facts and figures
Forecasts of European RFID, tag and reader use; growth in the value of global RFID in the apparel market; and a comparison of total worldwide RFID turnover predictions all help set the scene for likely changes in RFID uptake over the next decade.
|Forecast of European RFID use 2007 - 2022||2007||2012||2017||2022|
|Total number of tagspurchased annually (in Millions)|
|Total number of locationswith RFID readers|
|Total number of RFIDreaders deployed|
(Credit: BRIDGE, LogicaCMG)
RFID company user survey: projected European tag use (Credit: BRIDGE, LogicaCMG)
RFID company user survey: projected European reader use (Credit: BRIDGE, LogicaCMG)
RFID company user survey: projection of objects tagged (Credit: BRIDGE, LogicaCMG)
Growth in value of global RFID apparel market 2010-2021:
"The value of the tags alone for Apparel RFID was $36 million in 2010
and this will rise to $240 million in 2015. In 2021 we forecast the tag
value for the Apparel RFID market to be $1 billion."
(Credit: RACE Network RFID)
Comparison of total global RFID turnover predictions (Credit: RACE Network RFID)
(Credit: Race Network RFID)
American Apparel RFID case study: the results
- RFID-enabled stores enjoyed a 14.3% sales upsurge versus comparable non-RFID stores
- Labor reductions of 20–30% in RFID-enabled stores
- 99% visibility of store inventory has facilitated inventory reductions of up to 15%
- 99% stock availability has reduced the need for sales staff to spend time searching for misplaced items
- If sales floor inventory counts are in question, an RFID-enabled store can reset the count in less than three hours
(Credit: American Apparel/Avery Dennison)
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry