July 2011 management briefing: PLM software in the apparel supply chain
Three years ago industry observers forecast that product lifecycle management (PLM) software would be a make-or-break investment for the apparel industry. That was before the global economic slowdown of course, but software suppliers remain confident the tools are even more relevant today as firms seek to save crucial time and money in their sourcing, supply and inventory activities.
Forecasts for the uptake of product life cycle management (PLM) technology in the clothing industry have slowed from the bullish expectations of three years ago. But software suppliers are still confident that investment in the tools will continue to be strong, despite the volatile global economy.
As product lifecycle management (PLM) software becomes a greater necessity to inject organisational efficiency in today's highly competitive global fashion market, PLM vendors are rushing to provide customers with the fastest and most efficient systems possible.
Three years ago, just when Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software was beginning to generate a buzz as a tool to simplify and inject efficiency into apparel supply chains, some complained the systems faced "horrible" implementation delays as companies and software developers alike struggled to integrate them into organisations.
These days, PLM software suppliers are feeling ecstatic about the growth potential that China, India and Asia Pacific are bringing to their business - which is poised to benefit from the region's booming fashion markets.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey