June 2011 management briefing: The changing face of clothing retail
As the economic recovery accelerates, global clothing retail trends are showing great diversity. From eco-friendly fashions to online opportunities and emerging BRICM markets, this management briefing from just-style looks at where the smart money will be heading next.
For some it was a total disaster, for others a bump in the road, but the recession left no part of the clothing and textile retail sector unscathed. But now, as the economic recovery accelerates, global clothing retail trends are showing great diversity.
Clothing and accessory consumers are fickle at the best of times, and trying to nail down their desires in the growing eco-fashion niche is proving especially difficult as the industry moves toward environmental responsibility.
The BRICM countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and Mexico) have long been regarded as sources of cheap quality fabrics and clothes. But as they grow wealthier they are increasingly being regarded as vital international export markets too.
How the recession has impacted consumer shopping habits in the US, e-commerce drivers, the use of social media, key figures of the EU textile and clothing industry, Hong Kong retail sales, and Australian consumer spending confidence are among the data included here.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019