June 2011 management briefing: The changing face of clothing retail
As the economic recovery accelerates, global clothing retail trends are showing great diversity. From eco-friendly fashions to online opportunities and emerging BRICM markets, this management briefing from just-style looks at where the smart money will be heading next.
For some it was a total disaster, for others a bump in the road, but the recession left no part of the clothing and textile retail sector unscathed. But now, as the economic recovery accelerates, global clothing retail trends are showing great diversity.
Clothing and accessory consumers are fickle at the best of times, and trying to nail down their desires in the growing eco-fashion niche is proving especially difficult as the industry moves toward environmental responsibility.
The BRICM countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and Mexico) have long been regarded as sources of cheap quality fabrics and clothes. But as they grow wealthier they are increasingly being regarded as vital international export markets too.
How the recession has impacted consumer shopping habits in the US, e-commerce drivers, the use of social media, key figures of the EU textile and clothing industry, Hong Kong retail sales, and Australian consumer spending confidence are among the data included here.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape