October 2010 management briefing: Tomorrow’s clothing and textile industry
In ten years’ time the textile and clothing industry maybe almost unrecognisable from its organisation today: Chinese-owned offshore production, unstoppable e-commerce, demand for eco-textiles, shifting luxury markets to Asia’s new middle class, and higher prices for everyone, are just some of the predictions discussed in this management briefing.
The textile and clothing industry maybe almost unrecognisable from its organisation today in ten years' time: Chinese-owned offshore production; unstoppable e-commerce, demand for eco-textiles, shifting luxury markets to Asia's new middle class, and higher prices for everyone, are just some predictions.
Details on sales growth for the world's top 215 clothing manufacturers, internet retailing, sales of organic cotton, and Europe's top 10 supplier countries help set the scene for likely changes in the textile and clothing industry over the next decade.
Trend forecasters and cool-hunters have spawned a global sub-sector of the fashion industry, with university courses, computer software and academic research making a science out of predicting fashion's 'next big thing.'
Just how far can smart textiles go over of the next 20 years? If a Japanese clothing development company is to be believed, clothes will not only look stylish in future, they will also keep disease at bay.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective