October 2010 management briefing: Tomorrow’s clothing and textile industry
In ten years’ time the textile and clothing industry maybe almost unrecognisable from its organisation today: Chinese-owned offshore production, unstoppable e-commerce, demand for eco-textiles, shifting luxury markets to Asia’s new middle class, and higher prices for everyone, are just some of the predictions discussed in this management briefing.
The textile and clothing industry maybe almost unrecognisable from its organisation today in ten years' time: Chinese-owned offshore production; unstoppable e-commerce, demand for eco-textiles, shifting luxury markets to Asia's new middle class, and higher prices for everyone, are just some predictions.
Details on sales growth for the world's top 215 clothing manufacturers, internet retailing, sales of organic cotton, and Europe's top 10 supplier countries help set the scene for likely changes in the textile and clothing industry over the next decade.
Trend forecasters and cool-hunters have spawned a global sub-sector of the fashion industry, with university courses, computer software and academic research making a science out of predicting fashion's 'next big thing.'
Just how far can smart textiles go over of the next 20 years? If a Japanese clothing development company is to be believed, clothes will not only look stylish in future, they will also keep disease at bay.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020