October 2010 management briefing: Tomorrow’s clothing and textile industry
In ten years’ time the textile and clothing industry maybe almost unrecognisable from its organisation today: Chinese-owned offshore production, unstoppable e-commerce, demand for eco-textiles, shifting luxury markets to Asia’s new middle class, and higher prices for everyone, are just some of the predictions discussed in this management briefing.
The textile and clothing industry maybe almost unrecognisable from its organisation today in ten years' time: Chinese-owned offshore production; unstoppable e-commerce, demand for eco-textiles, shifting luxury markets to Asia's new middle class, and higher prices for everyone, are just some predictions.
Details on sales growth for the world's top 215 clothing manufacturers, internet retailing, sales of organic cotton, and Europe's top 10 supplier countries help set the scene for likely changes in the textile and clothing industry over the next decade.
Trend forecasters and cool-hunters have spawned a global sub-sector of the fashion industry, with university courses, computer software and academic research making a science out of predicting fashion's 'next big thing.'
Just how far can smart textiles go over of the next 20 years? If a Japanese clothing development company is to be believed, clothes will not only look stylish in future, they will also keep disease at bay.
- Latest TPP talks fail to clinch a deal
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- COMMENT: Wearable tech – a passing fashion?
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Software solutions: Digital design and prototyping
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Fabric sourcing tool links mills with design teams
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Coats Group swings to substantial H1 loss
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019