Aeropostale, Inc. (ARO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Aeropostale, Inc. is a mall-based specialty retailer of casual apparel and accessories. The company carries out the designing, marketing and selling of its own merchandise brands. Its product portfolio includes menswear, women’s wear and a wide range of accessories such as sunglasses, belts, socks and hats, targeting 14 to 17 year-old men and women. The company offers products through three brands, namely, Aeropostale, 87 and Aero. It operates stores through Aeropostale and P.S. from Aeropostale. The company operates over 986 Aeropostale stores, consisting of 918 stores in 50 states across the US and Puerto Rico; over 68 Aeropostale stores in Canada. It operates over 71 P.S. from Aeropostale stores. It also sells its merchandise through the e-commerce websites - www.aeropostale.com and www.ps4u.com. Aeropostale, Inc. is headquartered in New York, the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Aeropostale, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Aeropostale, Inc. - Key Facts
Aeropostale, Inc. - Key Employees
Aeropostale, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Aeropostale, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Aeropostale, Inc. - History
Aeropostale, Inc. - Company Statement
Aeropostale, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Aeropostale, Inc. - Business Description
Aeropostale, Inc. - Corporate Strategy
Aeropostale, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Aeropostale, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Product Portfolio
Strength - Stores Network
Aeropostale, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Legal Issues
Weakness - Weak Profitability Indicators
Aeropostale, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Business Initiatives
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: E-Retail
Aeropostale, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Competitive Environment
Threat - Changing Consumer Preferences
Threat - Counterfeit Goods Market
Aeropostale, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Aeropostale, Inc., Key Facts
Aeropostale, Inc., Key Employees
Aeropostale, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Aeropostale, Inc., Major Products and Services
Aeropostale, Inc., History
Aeropostale, Inc., Subsidiaries
Aeropostale, Inc., Key Competitors
Aeropostale, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Aeropostale, Inc., Annual Ratios
Aeropostale, Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Aeropostale, Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Aeropostale, Inc., Ratio Charts 22