ASOS | Verdict Company Briefing
Amid tough competition and the challenging UK market, ASOS is improving its online capabilities and investing in overseas expansion, by increasing the number of delivery destinations and launching local language sites. This Verdict company briefing includes sales, profit data and analysis.
- Benchmark ASOS' performance by discovering its three year sales and profit history.
- Consider your own international expansion strategy by building awareness of ASOS' plans for overseas growth via local language websites.
- Justify and inform development of pricing strategies in the current difficult climate by uncovering ASOS' recent pricing initiative.
In June 2012, ASOS CEO Nick Robertson confirmed that the online retailer had lowered prices to attract young consumers and garner loyalty among customers feeling the pinch of restricted disposable incomes. While this is likely to negatively impact margins, it is an important step to remain competitive and provide good value for money.
ASOS has acknowledged the UK market is challenging and as a result it has proceeded into 2012/13 cautiously. Its core young customer base faces a far more difficult time, with high youth unemployment and the prospect of higher university tuition fees likely to make them more cautious with their spending.
- What is ASOS' sales and profit history for the past three years?
- What are ASOS' plans for international expansions?
- How has ASOS improved its logistical capabilities in recent years?
Table of contents
UK performance slows causing international sales to dominate
Lowering prices ensures ASOS remains competitive in the UK market
Launching additional local language websites to cater to growing demand from overseas
Strong performance continues
Menswear and own label perform well
Adjusts prices to remain competitive
UK market becomes tougher …
… but ASOS in stronger position than competitors
Improves online capabilities and international presence
Launches facebook shop
Verdict company briefing
Ask the analyst
Table: ASOS key facts 2012
Figure: ASOS website 2012
Related research categories
By company: ASOS Plc
The just-style office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-style headquarters: 10:57am (Thursday, 23 May 2013)