Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. (9983) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. (Fast Retailing) is a holding specialty retail company that operates primarily through its subsidiary, UNIQLO. The company offers a broad range of casual clothing; fashionable apparel for women, men, kids and baby; lounge wear; swimwear and corsetry, under UNIQLO, g.u., Theory, Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse tam.tam brands. As of May 2012, the company operated 2,222 company-owned and franchised stores. The company has operations across Japan, China, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, the UK, the US, France and Russia.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Key Facts
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Key Employees
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Major Products and Services
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - History
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Company Statement
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Business Description
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Corporate Strategy
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Strengths
Strength - Rise in Profitability
Strength - Product offerings
Strength - Store Network
Strength - Weak Performance: UNIQLO Japan
Strength - Leading Market Position
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Business Expansion Initiatives
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: E-Retail
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Threats
Threat - Global Economic Scenario
Threat - Competitive Environment
Threat - Fast Changing Fashion Trends and Pricing Pressure
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Key Facts
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Key Employees
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Key Employee Biographies
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Major Products and Services
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., History
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Subsidiaries
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Key Competitors
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Ratios based on current share price
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Annual Ratios
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Interim Ratios
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., Ratio Charts