Hanesbrands Inc. (HBI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Hanesbrands Inc. (Hanesbrands) is a consumer goods company that designs, manufactures, sources and sells a wide range of basic apparel including t-shirts, panties, bras, men' underwear, kids' underwear, activewear, casualwear, hosiery and socks. The company offers its products through its value-added stores, internet and catalogs. Some of its brands include Hanes, Just My Size, Bali, Playtex, barely there, Champion, Gear for Sports, L’eggs, Hanes and Donna Karan among others. It undertakes research and development activities at its facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for the research, technical design and product development. It also operates design centers in New York City, and at the Gear for Sports facility in Lenexa, Kansas. The company caters to several markets including Asia, Latin America, Canada, Australia and Europe. Hanesbrands is headquartered in North Carolina, the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Hanesbrands Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Hanesbrands Inc. - Key Facts
Hanesbrands Inc. - Key Employees
Hanesbrands Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Hanesbrands Inc. - Major Products and Services
Hanesbrands Inc. - History
Hanesbrands Inc. - Company Statement
Hanesbrands Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Hanesbrands Inc. - Business Description
Hanesbrands Inc. - Corporate Strategy
Hanesbrands Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Hanesbrands Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Sound Profitability Indicators
Strength - Strong Brand Portfolio
Strength - Strong Network Channel
Hanesbrands Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Substantial Debt Burden
Weakness - High Dependence on the US Market
Hanesbrands Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Restructuring
Opportunity - Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Growing Opportunities in E-Retailing
Hanesbrands Inc. - Threats
Threat - Changing Consumer Demands
Threat - Growing Counterfeit Products
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Hanesbrands Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Hanesbrands Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Hanesbrands Inc., Key Facts
Hanesbrands Inc., Key Employees
Hanesbrands Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Hanesbrands Inc., Major Products and Services
Hanesbrands Inc., History
Hanesbrands Inc., Subsidiaries
Hanesbrands Inc., Key Competitors
Hanesbrands Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Hanesbrands Inc., Annual Ratios
Hanesbrands Inc., Interim Ratios
Hanesbrands Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Hanesbrands Inc., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Hanesbrands Inc., Ratio Charts