Kmart Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Kmart Corporation (Kmart) is a retailer of apparels and other related products. The product line of the company comprises jewelry, clothing, furniture and decor, home accessories, baby products, electronics material, appliances, fitness and sports; food and consumables; toys and games; tools and other related products. The company sells both private label and branded products. The company sells the products of various brands such as Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense. It also offers certain exclusive brands of its parent company such as Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard brand products, and services. Kmart sells its merchandise through its wholly owned retail stores and website. The company operates in the US, Puerto Rico and Guam. Kmart is a subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation. The company is headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, the US.
GlobalData’s Kmart Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of contents
List of Tables
Section 1 - About the Company
Kmart Corporation - Key Facts
Kmart Corporation - Key Employees
Kmart Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Kmart Corporation - Major Products and Services
Kmart Corporation - History
Kmart Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Kmart Corporation - Business Description
Kmart Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Kmart Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Strong Market Position
Strength - Strong Brand Value of the Parent Company
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Kmart Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Regional Presence
Weakness - Privately Owned Company
Kmart Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Increasing Expenditure on Healthcare in the US
Opportunity - Private Label Products Gaining Strength
Opportunity - Growth in e-retail
Opportunity - Recovering US Economy
Kmart Corporation - Threats
Threat - Highly Competitive Industry
Threat - Fast Changing Fashion Trends and Pricing Pressure
Threat - High Dependency on Foreign Suppliers
Kmart Corporation - Key Competitors
Kmart Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
Kmart Corporation, Key Facts
Kmart Corporation, Key Employees
Kmart Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Kmart Corporation, Major Products and Services
Kmart Corporation, History
Kmart Corporation, Subsidiaries
Kmart Corporation, Key Competitors
Kmart Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 16