Monsoon | Verdict Company Briefing
Monsoon is undergoing a transition period after a number of high profile management departures, with the chief executive set to leave in July 2012, potentially causing disruption to the business. Despite this, the retailer is pushing forward with international expansion including into the competitive US market. This Verdict company briefing includes sales, profit data and analysis.
- Benchmark Monsoon's performance by discovering its three year sales and profit history.
- Consider your own expansion strategy in the US market by building awareness of Monsoon's expansion plans.
- Justify and inform development of new store designs by understanding how Monsoon has revamped its flagship store.
Monsoon aims to open 200 stores globally in 2012, alongside plans to refurbish existing stores in both the UK and overseas. It has been reported that despite growing overall sales, UK like-for-like sales have fallen consistently in the past few years, so investing in revamping its store network could reverse this trend.
In May 2012, Monsoon announced that it was searching for a new group chief executive as managing director Peter Ridler was due to leave. This latest departure follows several high profile exits by management, which imply there is a certain level of discord in the company, and disruption may continue until a new chief executive is installed.
- What is Monsoon's sales and profit history for the past three years?
- What are Monsoon's plans for international expansions?
- How has Monsoon revamped its flagship store in the UK and will it roll this new design concept out across its domestic store network?
Table of contents
Profits boosted by cost control;
Focusing on expansion in the US;
Revamping stores will help drive footfall.
Managing director leaves …
… the latest in a line of departures
But international expansion goes on
US expansion plans ramped up
Introduces refurbished flagship
Verdict company briefing
Ask the analyst
Table: Monsoon key facts 2012
Figure: Monsoon fascia 2012
The just-style office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-style headquarters: 11:26am (Thursday, 12 December 2013)