UK: Öko-Tex Standard 100 Adds New Items To The Test List
Öko-Tex Standard 100, which specifies allowable levels of chemical substances known to be a health risk in textiles, has added several new items to the test list. The permissible limits are based on scientific fact and as an ongoing process are kept constantly under review. Phthalates Concurrently with the EU decision to restrict the use of certain phthalate compounds, used primarily for the plasticisation of vinyl polymers such as PVC, Öko-Tex has introduced a limit value of 0.1 per cent for the total amount of six phthalates (DINP, DNOP, DEHP, DIDP, BBP & DBP). The analysis is carried out on a hexane extract.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar