US: & Other Stories to expand with first store
The New York store is set to open at the end of the year
Hennes & Mauritz-owned fashion brand & Other Stories is to open its first store in the US at the end of the year.
The 6,400 sq ft store on Broadway, New York, will offer & Other Stories full range of products, including women's ready-to-wear, shoes, bags, accessories, jewellery and beauty. A dedicated online store will also launch before the end of 2014.
& Other Stories, which launched last year, operates stores in Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, London, Milan, Paris and Stockholm, and online store available in 12 European countries.
& Other Stories is excited to announce the launch of their first-ever store in the United States, due to open during the end of 2014. Located at 575 Broadway, in the midst of New York City. The store will offer women, with a love for fashion, the chance to browse through a wide and diverse selection of shoes, bags, jewellery, beauty and ready-to-wear. Also available for all U.S. based shoppers via stories.com.
& Other Stories announces first store in New York
“We dreamt about opening a store in New York when we launched & Other Stories in 2013. Finding this great Soho location and being able to make that dream come true so soon after our launch in Europe is fantastic. Can’t wait to start sharing our stories and meet our US customers, both in our store and on stories.com”, says Samuel Fernström, CEO of & Other Stories.
With emphasis on diversity, the one floor store of 6,400 square feet (600 square metres) will feature & Other Stories full range of products including bags, shoes, beauty, accessories, jewellery and ready-to-wear, providing a wide selection for all personal styles to choose from.
“A big part of our diversity comes from having ateliers in both Paris and Stockholm, but also from the idea of building our collections around four different directions that includes everything from tailored innovative pieces and quirky bohemian-inspired styles to flattering feminine silhouettes and rougher elements for that effortless look. The directions may change and evolve as we grow but always ensure our broad mix of styles and provide our customers with endless styling choices”, says Anna Teurnell, Head of Design, & Other Stories.
“We speak to women as individuals with the ambition to inspire and empower them rather than dictate how to dress. Personal style is all about diversity and telling a story of your own. For us, our customer is ageless and someone who wears things that she feels are right for her”, says Sara Hildén Bengtsson, Creative Director, & Other Stories.
The store located on 575 Broadway will have a second entrance from 146 Mercer Street, inviting customers from two separate directions. With a rich history of tenants, the building has provided a roof for everything from a ribbon factory to Guggenheim before welcoming & Other Stories.
For U.S. based customers who can't make it to New York, the online store at www.stories.com - filled with inspiration, styling tips and glimpses from their atelier - will launch in the United States before the end of 2014.
& Other Stories was launched in March 2013 and offers women a wide range of shoes, bags, accessories, beauty and ready-to-wear. Atelier in Paris and Stockholm design the diversified fashion collections with great attention to detail and quality at an affordable price point. & Other Stories stores can be found in Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, London, Milan, Paris and Stockholm, along with the online store at stories.com available in 12 European countries.
Original source: & Other Stories
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis