US: $25m worth of fake sneakers found - report
Reports in New York say that $25m worth of fake Nike sneakers have been seized in Long Island.
Police were given search warrants for two Long Island addresses, where they found the sneakers, together with counterfeit Louis Vuitton (LVMUY) handbags, according to the Associated Press (AP).
Two men have subsequently been arrested, AP reported, with the raid following a six-month investigation.
Demand for fake fashion continues to grow at an alarming rate according to a new report from just-style, with captured shipments indicating that around 20% of all athletic merchandise is fake. Despite...
Last week, an unprecedented series of events in the US financial sector shook global markets, leaving retailers and brands anxious that already tough trading conditions could worsen still. Joe Ayling ...
A strong performance from its fashion and leather goods businesses helped luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton to post a double-digit sales rise for the first nine months of the year....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Outdoor clothing and accessories retailer Eddie Bauer Holdings has hired Scott Hutsenpiller as the company's new vice president, outerwear design....
Kris Aman, who spearheaded Nike's Beijing Olympics activities, has been appointed as the sports goods giant's new vice president and general manager of Men's Athletic Training....
Nike Japan, the Japanese subsidiary of sportswear multinational Nike, will turn a public park in central Tokyo, Miyashita Park, into what they call 'Nike Park' - courting much controversy when they an...
Sportswear giant Nike has posted first quarter profits of US$510.5m, down 10% on last year but still ahead of expectations on Wall Street....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020