FRANCE: 3 Suisses closures to affect 149 jobs
A number of store closures by French mail order fashion firm 3 Suisses International (3SI) before the end of this year are expected to lead to the loss of 149 jobs.
A strategic re-think will see the closure of two of its Becquet brand name ‘test’ stores, opened 18 months ago in Strasbourg and Lyon, as well as 35 of its Espace and Espace Boutiques outlets.
Last month, 3SI announced that it was investing more than EUR70m (US$ 5.9m) over the next three years to boost its online business. Plans focus on an overhaul of products and the modernisation of logistics activities.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective